Marketing MS and MA Plans

moretrax

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm probably rehashing old threads but here goes anyway:

I've done direct mail ages 67-74 and have had a 3% response rate and good prospects come from these mailings and a few sales. I'd also like to do T65 but I read a lot of negative opinions about this. Too competitive, too many agents working these, not worth the trouble.

I want to take a balanced approach to my marketing and work T65 as well as 67-74. My thoughts are some agent is getting the T65 business, why not me?

I've also given thought to doing surveys of the T65 market. My understanding is a survey gets around the DNC rules so I don't have to work from a scrubbed list. My survey is brief, checks for awareness what a Parts A and B do and do not cover and I offer a newsletter to anyone who completes the survey.

Any thoughts on these subjects?

I guess it's different for everyone. I've tried 66+ and failed but I make my living exclusively off t65 mailing.

I've done direct mail ages 67-74 and have had a 3% response rate and good prospects come from these mailings and a few sales. I'd also like to do T65 but I read a lot of negative opinions about this. Too competitive, too many agents working these, not worth the trouble.

I want to take a balanced approach to my marketing and work T65 as well as 67-74. My thoughts are some agent is getting the T65 business, why not me?

I've also given thought to doing surveys of the T65 market. My understanding is a survey gets around the DNC rules so I don't have to work from a scrubbed list. My survey is brief, checks for awareness what a Parts A and B do and do not cover and I offer a newsletter to anyone who completes the survey.

Is your goal to be DNC compliant, or to not get caught breaking the rules?

Callers purporting to take a survey, but also offering to sell goods or services, must comply with the do not call provisions. But if the call is for the sole purpose of conducting a survey, it is exempt.

Scrubbed lists are too cheap to break the rules or operate in a gray area.

Doing a survey sounds likes like the telephonic version of those mailers that say " free Medicare review " I would be more transparent just in case you generate a lead for a MA prospect who is also on the DNC and the situation goes south after an enrollment .If they file a complaint about the plan the first thing that the carrier will ask is " How did you meet this person? "

Then you will have a lot of splaining to do.

Also remember some Med supp carriers like AARP/UHC forbids cold calling even for their Med supp plans

I know of one company who believes that since they are setting up a face to face appointment, they are therefore not telemarketers and are not subject to DNC rules....

When I was told that, I said "good luck with that argument."

I know of one company who believes that since they are setting up a face to face appointment, they are therefore not telemarketers and are not subject to DNC rules....

When I was told that, I said "good luck with that argument."

I believe in at least one state that does exempt from the state dnc list, but they are still subject to the federal which has no such exemption.

I believe in at least one state that does exempt from the state dnc list, but they are still subject to the federal which has no such exemption.

In Indiana we (insurance agents) are exempt from the state do not call list but ONLY if you state that you are an insurance agent making a sales call in the first sentence you speak when they answer the phone. We do have to check the federal list though.

That being said...agents call anyone and everyone with no regard to any of it and no one ever has any problem from it that I can tell. The whole do not call program seems to be smoke and mirrors feel good politics.

I just buy leads and call them. It's much safer and more productive.

Back