Marketing Plan to Sell 40 Med Supps a Month?

Roy2015

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Nevada
Hi guys...I have decided that b/c of my present situation, I want to try and sell 40 med supps a month for 1 year. I am highly motivated, plan for a 5k a month marketing budget, and I have no family right now so I have all the time in the world to make this happen. I just need some direction. I then want to re-evaluate my stance at the end of the first year and plan year 2 accordingly.

I know 40 med supps a month is possible with the correct marketing plan, focus, work ethic, and help from you guys. I know this is a lofty goal but I just want to give it my best shot. I have already picked out competitive carriers in the states I want to focus on. I will be doing a combination of F2F and phone sales.

My plan is to order telemarketing leads, order mail drops at the same time, and invest in a dialer to make cold calls in between working on my leads.

My question to all you veterans on here...What would be your marketing plan and how much money do you think it would take to generate enough leads weekly to make this happen? I plan to spend a little over 1k a week on leads. Do you think this is enough of a marketing budget? If not I will spend however much I have to. I'm prepared to do what ever it takes to make this happen. Please help if you can. Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Roy

Hi guys...I have decided that b/c of my present situation, I want to try and sell 40 med supps a month for 1 year. I am highly motivated, plan for a 5k a month marketing budget, and I have no family right now so I have all the time in the world to make this happen. I just need some direction. I then want to re-evaluate my stance at the end of the first year and plan year 2 accordingly.

I know 40 med supps a month is possible with the correct marketing plan, focus, work ethic, and help from you guys. I know this is a lofty goal but I just want to give it my best shot. I have already picked out competitive carriers in the states I want to focus on. I will be doing a combination of F2F and phone sales.

My plan is to order telemarketing leads, order mail drops at the same time, and invest in a dialer to make cold calls in between working on my leads.

My question to all you veterans on here...What would be your marketing plan and how much money do you think it would take to generate enough leads weekly to make this happen? I plan to spend a little over 1k a week on leads. Do you think this is enough of a marketing budget? If not I will spend however much I have to. I'm prepared to do what ever it takes to make this happen. Please help if you can. Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Roy
There was guy at the MS sales summit that talked about how 50 a month is possible over the phone. Todd Stevenson I think was his name.

Of course, Mr. Westfall and his son gave great info on lead generation too!

You can purchase the online video recordings here:

http://www.fleetwoodonsite.com/ppSD2/catalog.php?action=view_product&id=84

Hi guys...I have decided that b/c of my present situation, I want to try and sell 40 med supps a month for 1 year. I am highly motivated, plan for a 5k a month marketing budget, and I have no family right now so I have all the time in the world to make this happen. I just need some direction. I then want to re-evaluate my stance at the end of the first year and plan year 2 accordingly. I know 40 med supps a month is possible with the correct marketing plan, focus, work ethic, and help from you guys. I know this is a lofty goal but I just want to give it my best shot. I have already picked out competitive carriers in the states I want to focus on. I will be doing a combination of F2F and phone sales. My plan is to order telemarketing leads, order mail drops at the same time, and invest in a dialer to make cold calls in between working on my leads. My question to all you veterans on here...What would be your marketing plan and how much money do you think it would take to generate enough leads weekly to make this happen? I plan to spend a little over 1k a week on leads. Do you think this is enough of a marketing budget? If not I will spend however much I have to. I'm prepared to do what ever it takes to make this happen. Please help if you can. Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Roy

First of all, congrats on actually setting a goal!

I think too many people get started without even setting a measurable goal.

I know 40+ Med Supps a month is attainable, I have spoken with agents who are doing it.

I think being new, you would have to spend a little more than 1K a week on marketing to write 10 Supps. Some of the guys who have been doing it longer get referrals, old leads to follow up with, client re-writes, which makes it a littler easier.

It would depend on how much you personally cold called and how successful you are at doing that.

If you only did a little, you would need to spend more on marketing.

There was guy at the MS sales summit that talked about how 50 a month is possible over the phone. Todd Stevenson I think was his name.

Of course, Mr. Westfall and his son gave great info on lead generation too!

You can purchase the online video recordings here:

http://www.fleetwoodonsite.com/ppSD2/catalog.php?action=view_product&id=84

Todd was the guy who came out immediately and said his CPA was $350.

I think you're thinking of the other guy from up in NJ. He was up there with 3 other people including Taylor Martin. He seemed to have a pretty good system, but I can't remember what he said exactly he uses for his marketing. He should be in those videos.

Although the numbers never really work out to the tee, you should back into figuring out what you're going to need. To write 10 apps per week you need to set about 20 appointments. In order to set 20 appointments you're going to need at least 40 leads, maybe 50 if doing some of it through TM leads.

Dropping 2K mailers each weeks should get you close to this, then pepper in the TM leads. I think the marketing $$ you're setting aside (over $1K per week) will do it for you.

As it has already been stated. I wanted to also say awesome job setting a goal. You've done the first step. Setting a goal is crucial for measuring your success and to help you make decisions later on. Now all that is left is execution of your plan. (Let us know how it turns out).

Thank you everyone for your responses and advice. It will def shorten the learning curve to hear what you guys with experience would do to achieve this goal. I think based on what I have seen from your posts, a solid marketing plan seems to be to mail 2k mailers per week (40 cards) and add in 25-40 telemarketing leads per week. If my math is correct this will work out to...

2k mailer = 40 cards = 20 appts = 8-10 sales ... $940 cost of mailing
40 tele leads = 2 sales at 5% close ratio ... $350 cost of tele leads
this would bring 10-12 sales a week ... $1290 total lead cost for week

Assuming I am on top of my game this seems possible. Thank you for your help guys and any other advice from anyone is welcome as well!

Back