Marketing Reminders

fusion

Expert
As "the new guy" on this forum and to the insurance world I've been doing some general search terms on google to help generate ideas. Thought I would share a link to a list of marketing ideas I found. While its the usual hustle and bustle it may be beneficial to take a quick review and remember the basics insurancesplash.com/insurance-marketing-ideas.html

As "the new guy" on this forum and to the insurance world I've been doing some general search terms on google to help generate ideas. Thought I would share a link to a list of marketing ideas I found. While its the usual hustle and bustle it may be beneficial to take a quick review and remember the basics insurancesplash.com/insurance-marketing-ideas.html

Better watch out for number 36. Also, where is 38-46?

I have to admit that there are some unique outside the box ideas here, but some of them seem like their reaching i.e. host a car show, volunteer, advertise on pizza boxes, speak at high schools, blood drive, etc. that I'm not sure what kind of return you would get as they're not really targeting the product demographic. However, I've made note of a couple and thanks again. It's always nice to get ideas that can spurn other ideas.

@cory i think some of those other things you mentioned are there to assist with the branding/awareness of your agency and not so much the direct sale from the event so to speak. If you went and donated blood at johns does agency blood drive and your big into giving blood he might be the first guy you call when you start looking for insurance.

Your right...I agree 100% Some are long-term methods...it's just that some are looking for more immediate results. AND...there are definitely some original ideas in here. Thanks for clarifying.

What's up guys? My name is John and I'm the author of this marketing ideas list. Just wanted to say that I'm really excited to see it generating discussion like this and you've raised some concerns that I need to address.

Thanks for pointing out the jump in the numbers. Not sure how I lost those, but I'll clean it up soon... Hopefully since the list goes to 113 right now it's not false advertising. :)

NCAgent, you have some concerns about automated messages and I'm glad you brought that up! I'd like to edit the article because the last thing I'd ever want to see is an agent getting in trouble for something I wrote.

Do you know a good resource about the legalities for this form of marketing? Can you market to your own client list? Do you know if it's a state-by-state type of thing or federally governed? Of course I can figure all this out myself, (and it'd make a great post for my blog) but I'd appreciate any insight you could give!

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I created this resource to help so I want to be sure it's 100% valuable and won't get anyone in trouble!!!

I welcome any other constructive feedback you'd like to give. I want this resource to be as valuable as possible. Thanks!

Thanks for providing that link to the FCC page Cory!

After reviewing that page and doing some more research I decided to remove that advice entirely from the list. I also removed it from a few other places throughout my website.

I now feel it's just not worth the risk.

NCAgent: On behalf of myself and anyone who reads this list in the future, THANK YOU!!!

I also filled in 10 new ideas in that jump between 37 and 47. Couldn't find the old ones that were lost so I just wrote up some new ones last night.

I'm probably too new to post links around here, but if anyone wants to see the updates just Google: insurance marketing ideas

You guys rock, thank you very much! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back