Marketing that Works - Need Ideas

va_agent

Hello everyone,

I need advice from our forum Marketing guru's.

Here is what has not worked for me:

1. Internet leads ( spent a lot of money with no return)
2. telemarketing ( I get about 2 items if my staff calls all month long)
3. cross-sell of book of business ( I cant rely on this forever)

I am giving 20.00 for referrals.

I have recently started marketing to apartment buildings and this has given me some leads.

How do I market to mortgage and realtors?

How about car dealers? ( I have read in other threads these can be problematic)

I need to bring in at least 50 items a month. I am not even getting 20 right now.

I know most agents do not want share their secrets. If your not in Virginia then please share what has worked for you. I promise I will not come to your state to take your business. :laugh:

thank you in advance.

VA Agent

-Networking events in your area such as BNI
-LinkedIn to everyone you know in the area (and who they know)
-More Social Media via FB and Twitter
-Join charitable organizations or military orgs if applicable
-Door Knock!
-Set up a table at local festivals
-Volunteer work
-Church activities

Are you talk P&C?

Why do you need 50 are you captive ?

Who are you buying internet leads from? I do well with internet leads and I am captive. I only buy homeowners leads and only preferred applicants, this has helped me since my carrier is strong in the market.

Also try putting an add out in the local paper and join a BNI/Chamber in your area

Stating what products you sell will be helpful for advice. Marketing car insurance vs medicare supplement are 2 completely different approaches.

From what you listed, the vendors can be an issue as well. Not all are created equal...same with telemarketers, the script can be the difference between success and failure.

If you're only getting two pieces of business out of two telemarketers calling all month, I think you may need to change your approach.

Hello everyone,

I need advice from our forum Marketing guru's.

Here is what has not worked for me:

1. Internet leads ( spent a lot of money with no return)
2. telemarketing ( I get about 2 items if my staff calls all month long)
3. cross-sell of book of business ( I cant rely on this forever)

I am giving 20.00 for referrals.

I have recently started marketing to apartment buildings and this has given me some leads.

How do I market to mortgage and realtors?

How about car dealers? ( I have read in other threads these can be problematic)

I need to bring in at least 50 items a month. I am not even getting 20 right now.

I know most agents do not want share their secrets. If your not in Virginia then please share what has worked for you. I promise I will not come to your state to take your business. :laugh:

thank you in advance.

VA Agent

Call me and I will try and help you. My voice is gone today, but I will help you and give you some ideas.

-Networking events in your area such as BNI
-LinkedIn to everyone you know in the area (and who they know)
-More Social Media via FB and Twitter
-Join charitable organizations or military orgs if applicable
-Door Knock!
-Set up a table at local festivals
-Volunteer work
-Church activities

All great Ideas. There is no magic just trial and error and what works in CA, Or AZ might not work in VA or NY.

You might want to call a few real estate agents in your area or E mail them to see if they might want to work with you.:idea:

or change your telemarketers...or their script...its a numbers game, with the right script and the right amount of dials made you should be able to generate more business....i also buy leads, you may need to change your approach by understanding who you want to target and focus on those leads. its not something that i really base my business on but we write 15-25 policies on internet leads alone. go to google and add your business under local places...you can add keywords and ultimately advertise your business through google for free. there are hundreds of free directories that you can just add your Agency on to get more exposure.

I wanted to thank all of you for your tips and yes I am with Allstate.

big blue wants me to sell standard auto all day long. of the car dealers, should I concentrate on used or new? am I going to be able to compete with a independent?

also, should I start thinking about opening up a small independent to write what can not be written by allstate? there is a company name Integra insurance services offering agency patterning opportunities. I would love to get your feedback on this company or something similar.

again, thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Back