Marketing to Lower Income for D-SNP

JJ2713

Guru
Anyone actually do any marketing to lower income people for a D-SNP.

Or come across any when doing T65 mailings.

I understand the challenges of dealing with lower-income people.

This is a less crowded niche though.

I think green sky used to. I did it once back in 2010 and it wasn’t my cup of tea. But I’m sure many do well with it.

When I mail t65’s I demo $25k - $125k. Sometimes some Medicaid clients slip through but for the most part I rarely see them. They get hit with mailers just as much as anyone but i find it hilarious when I run into one and a local Bankers agent was just pitching them a med supp

Greensky tried and failed with D-SNP. We worked together briefly (one month) and he called crying the blues because he couldn't contact the direct mail responders to set up an appointment.

I worked the D-SNP market in the Los Angeles area for a couple of years and then the State of California took over the dual eligibles and placed them in one of 5 companies.

Health Net, who was my primary dual carrier, fired all IMOs and GAs and practically forced the dual eligibles to change plans with the company as the writing agent.

My renewals went down despite submitting new business. Naturally, I no longer submit apps for Health Net.

Greensky tried and failed with D-SNP. We worked together briefly (one month) and he called crying the blues because he couldn't contact the direct mail responders to set up an appointment.

I worked the D-SNP market in the Los Angeles area for a couple of years and then the State of California took over the dual eligibles and placed them in one of 5 companies.

Health Net, who was my primary dual carrier, fired all IMOs and GAs and practically forced the dual eligibles to change plans with the company as the writing agent.

My renewals went down despite submitting new business. Naturally, I no longer submit apps for Health Net.

And just the other day you were trying to tell us how you didn't really work with him at all. Now you want us to believe that you worked with him one whole month and from that short time you KNOW that he failed.

Nice try, but a complete fail!

I NEVER said I didn't work with him. You made that up. Still upset because I recommended Medicare Agent Training over your program? Get over it.

Our IMO suggested I ask Rick for a pay raise since I was spending a small fortune on marketing and Rick threw a temper tantrum and told me we were no longer friends.

I NEVER said I didn't work with him. You made that up. Still upset because I recommended Medicare Agent Training over your program? Get over it.

And neither did I! I said you said you didn't "really" work with him. You indicated it was basically a few phone calls and one ride along. That's not working WITH someone.

And no, I'm not upset about the training program. I could really care less if you recommend every training program in the world except ours. You are but a half drop of water in the ocean, if that.

You seem to be taking every chance you can to talk bad about Rick, so I'm just pointing it out when you obviously make stuff up.

couldn't contact the direct mail responders to set up an appointment.

They never answer their phone unless it is a number they recognize.

Voice mail, if set up, is always full.

But they have caller ID and will call back, never identifying themselves, but will open with "Did you call me?". The conversation deteriorates from there. You will waste more time than it is worth.

This also depends on HOW you are reaching out to the Dual population. If you are able to set up a type of "resource" relationship with a church, food bank, etc. you are the go to person for getting them benefits they qualify for. Some will let you set up a station for certain events. Some agents I know have had a lot of success with this approach.

Do seminars, this is at a church. We did this one today 9/27/18. Got several leads doing EDUCATIONAL seminars. We had over 90 attendees, provided cookies and drinks. We should get several MAPD, some MA and Med Supps, Final Expense , some Pre Needs and Grand kid policies. In and out in about an hour.20180927_201754.jpg 20180927_201717.jpg

Back