Marketing to Patients Who's Doctor Has Left a Network

keith365

Super Genius
I met with a p&c friend the other day, who told me that he knew a medicare heath insurance broker who prospected to people who had a doctor leave a network. I don't know how he did this, but it seems that this would be an awesome prospecting method for all of the patients who want to continue to see their doctor. They'd HAVE to change their plan during aep. Has anyone heard of this, or how it could be done?

Off the top of my head my 1st thought is - how would a person get a list of the patients left behind w/o violating HIPAA?

I met with a p&c friend the other day, who told me that he knew a medicare heath insurance broker who prospected to people who had a doctor leave a network. I don't know how he did this, but it seems that this would be an awesome prospecting method for all of the patients who want to continue to see their doctor. They'd HAVE to change their plan during aep. Has anyone heard of this, or how it could be done?

A. PCP offices will usually mail a letter to patients to inform them of the other plans they still accept and they can put an agents phone number as a contact for the plan

B. each time you talk with a prospect note in your CRM who their PCP /Carrier is and call them when you find out about PCP dropping their plan , assuming you have maintained a documented PTC ,to let them know you represent plan(s) the PCP accepts.

Back