Marketing to seniors turning 65

montyderhak

HI guys, since the PFFS market has changed, I was wondering if anybody will just service the turning 65 clients, cause then you get full commissions or a supplement.....if so where do we get leads or lists to call folks turning 65???

Thanks in advance, Monty

SOme argue that the T-65 market is a waste. I respectully disagree.

Its been a great market to me. Second to the dual eligible market.

I can get you cheap lists also.

I pay $50 per 1000 names with unlimited filters.

care to share the source? and the guarantee rate? $50 is much better than $85, especially in a larger city.

I'm in a smaller town and there's only about 2k people here that are 65+ with income over 15k, and the next town is about an hour away, so the guarantee % is more important for me than people in the city and will have a bigger impact on ROI

care to share the source? and the guarantee rate? $50 is much better than $85, especially in a larger city.

I'm in a smaller town and there's only about 2k people here that are 65+ with income over 15k, and the next town is about an hour away, so the guarantee % is more important for me than people in the city and will have a bigger impact on ROI

When buying list I don't have an income filter. Ton's of seniors have hiden income streams and/or the list brokers don't have accurate information. "ALL" income limits is what I specify when ordering list. I probably have hundreds of clients that have supplements with me that make just under 15k... they're the most appreciative of a money saving deal.

When buying list I don't have an income filter. Ton's of seniors have hiden income streams and/or the list brokers don't have accurate information. "ALL" income limits is what I specify when ordering list. I probably have hundreds of clients that have supplements with me that make just under 15k... they're the most appreciative of a money saving deal.

Absolutely... I think a lot of young folk trying to get into this market just don't know much about seniors. First of all, if they are 65 or more, they are often retired, therefore they will report a low income which is usally Social Security. That doesn't mean they don't have a nice retirement account to draw from... they are just frugal. The report of $15K is misleading to the lead companies because they don't have any idea what a senior's net worth is.

Absolutely... I think a lot of young folk trying to get into this market just don't know much about seniors. First of all, if they are 65 or more, they are often retired, therefore they will report a low income which is usally Social Security. That doesn't mean they don't have a nice retirement account to draw from... they are just frugal. The report of $15K is misleading to the lead companies because they don't have any idea what a senior's net worth is.

I agree on that end. My neighbor is 69 and she works for cash so social security won't know about the extra income.

Where I'm at, we don't have any LIS MAPD plans, and only one part D that qualifies for medicaid assistance, the rest are over the $20 cost requirement. I know when someone is one original medicare and medicaid, medicaid covers most (if not all) of the additional costs, LTC is free through a state program, and with one part D plan that qualifies for LIS, there's no plan changing. Beyond that, I don't know enough about how medicaid works with medicare and MA plans, or where the value is in a med sup to make an informed reccomendation. All I would do is tell them to call the social security office, or medicare so they can find out what their options are. I'm more worried about putting someone on a plan that will cost them more in the end because it doesn't work with medicaid. Once I have that all figured out, I can go back and get the list with only under 15k income people. Until then, I'll stick with where my knowledge base is.

I agree on that end. My neighbor is 69 and she works for cash so social security won't know about the extra income.

Where I'm at, we don't have any LIS MAPD plans, and only one part D that qualifies for medicaid assistance, the rest are over the $20 cost requirement. I know when someone is one original medicare and medicaid, medicaid covers most (if not all) of the additional costs, LTC is free through a state program, and with one part D plan that qualifies for LIS, there's no plan changing. Beyond that, I don't know enough about how medicaid works with medicare and MA plans, or where the value is in a med sup to make an informed reccomendation. All I would do is tell them to call the social security office, or medicare so they can find out what their options are. I'm more worried about putting someone on a plan that will cost them more in the end because it doesn't work with medicaid. Once I have that all figured out, I can go back and get the list with only under 15k income people. Until then, I'll stick with where my knowledge base is.

You're in between the rock and a hard place, aren't you?

First of all, I'm also in many counties with no plan that co-ordinates with the state medicaid requirements, so I don't attempt to enroll duals unless they have a chronic illness that qualifies them for a SNP. The SNPs I carry do have COB, but not the PPOs.

Secondly, if you are frustrated from being unable to personally help a dual, have them call their SHIP. This way you aren't abandoning them without help, but you need to move on.

I believe the LIS threshold is actually $30 this year. And the source for the names list is me. PM me and I can send you details.

Back