Marketplace Selling Life Insurance?

JFS55

Expert
A client called the marketplace to change their income and was asked if they wanted to speak with a licensed agent to get low life insurance rates. I figured she must have dialed the wrong number but the number she gave me was the marketplace. Anyone hear of this?

Did you call the number yourself or verify that it is the same number on the site?

I usually tell my clients to call me and I can assist them. Why? It saves the time when they call the Marketplace, get annoyed and call me to complain and have to do their work anyway!

----------

Although, I have to say, nothing that they do really surprises me anymore. Why not take all the commissions?

Did you call the number yourself or verify that it is the same number on the site?

I usually tell my clients to call me and I can assist them. Why? It saves the time when they call the Marketplace, get annoyed and call me to complain and have to do their work anyway!

----------

Although, I have to say, nothing that they do really surprises me anymore. Why not take all the commissions?

I looked the number up...it's the Marketplace. She has called it before. She might have dialed the wrong number. I've warned her about calling them but it wasn't because I thought they would try to sell her insurance.

I usually caution people against calling them since I don't trust them to do their job correctly! The magic word over there is "escalate" aka, passing the buck to someone else who seems to feel as though you have interrupted their busy day by asking them to work...

I get the selling insurance concern. I can't even imagine what they would try to sell if they did!:1baffled:

Back