Mass Emailing Your Book - What Service Do You Use?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
I just had a sinkhole strike in my local market & I want to mass email my book about adding sinkhole coverage if they don't currently have it.

Does AMS360 allow you to do that persay OR do you need a separate email service. If so, who are you using?

I just had a sinkhole strike in my local market & I want to mass email my book about adding sinkhole coverage if they don't currently have it. Does AMS360 allow you to do that persay OR do you need a separate email service. If so, who are you using?

Do you have a lot of carriers that offer it? When I was with LM they wouldn't in PA

If you do it yourself, you will want to limit how many emails you send per hour. Your hosting service will block your account temporarily if you send too many at once. (I speak from experience). My server allows me to send 400 or so per hour.

Also, if you get too many bounces, you might have a hard time getting email through in the future. You could be put on a list of spammers if you don't do it right. I use a domain that I never send individual emails from.

Your domain could be put on a list of spammers if you don't do it right. For most people, it is probably better to use a company that specializes in emailing.

I have used Email Marketing. Just Like That. | VerticalResponse in the past. I can't endorse them, however. I don't have anything bad to say about them but I haven't used them in years and since I didn't use any other company I don't have anything to compare them with.

I would think that you would want to also have the ability to document that you offered to quote this coverage as well. You mentioned AMS360, is that what you're using?

At my last place we utilized Zywave's Broker Briefcase for mass mailing. It basically allowed you to setup your email campaign for the entire year. You could set up different lists by uploading the emails via a spreadsheet and selecting them for various campaigns.

I had a commercial lines, personal lines, boating, rv, etc...Bascially downloaded my customer list from AMS every year and replaced it.

I believe the ability to document these emails into AMS, but I left before I could uncover this

Email marketing is no different from any other form of advertising. Without clickable headlines, and content that is informative (but not "salesy") you are wasting your time.

Focus on learning how to write good copy (including headlines) before wasting too much time and money on a project that delivers minimal returns. Don't stop at one book, buy a handful. Skim through and pick out the bits of information that appeal to you.

Here are a few suggestions.

Words That Sell and related topics

Marketing

Email marketing is no different from any other form of advertising. Without clickable headlines, and content that is informative (but not "salesy") you are wasting your time.

Focus on learning how to write good copy (including headlines) before wasting too much time and money on a project that delivers minimal returns. Don't stop at one book, buy a handful. Skim through and pick out the bits of information that appeal to you.

Here are a few suggestions.

Words That Sell and related topics

Marketing

I don't think that 1822 was trying to sell the coverage, just a CYA e-mail.

Don't think I wrote or implied 1822 was trying to sell anything. Regardless of your motive if folks don't open the email you have wasted time and money.

Latest posts

Back