Massachusetts Mutual Sales Suspension

scoop_1974

Any truth to the rumor that Massachusetts Mutual will also be suspending sales to their captive advisors?

I'm not sure I trust the source I heard this from is the only reason I am asking.

Any truth to the rumor that Massachusetts Mutual will also be suspending sales to their captive advisors?

I'm not sure I trust the source I heard this from is the only reason I am asking.

if they do suspend sales it's only because MM's TPA is offering a better product now than the current MM product.

if they do suspend sales it's only because MM's TPA is offering a better product now than the current MM product.

I assume you are referring to LifeCare. I agree, an interesting recent product at a surprising time, however I hope there is more thought put into it than that. Anybody else hear anything about MM from a solid source?

I assume you are referring to LifeCare. I agree, an interesting recent product at a surprising time, however I hope there is more thought put into it than that. Anybody else hear anything about MM from a solid source?

it would be dumb for mm to stop selling ltci. their book is EXTREMELY profitable.

Either way, you and I both know that Mass Mutual will decide to be in or out of the LTCi arena without regard to the additional underwriting relationships maintained by Lifecare.

i disagree.
i think that has everything to do with it.

I heard they were looking to phase out of traditional LTCI altogether and the first step was limiting to captive.

With regard to them pulling because of NGL, I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think the mutual companies look even closer at the financial ratings than the public companies. And since the Guardian wasn't comfortable with putting it on their platform perhaps MM would feel the same way.

i disagree.
i think that has everything to do with it.

MM uses Lifecare as a TPA just like many insurance companies have elected to use Lifecare. Mass Mutual has co-existed with multiple insurance companies using Lifecare in the past. New underwriters such as NGL will only benefit all underwriters as it serves to prove the improving stability of the arena.

Mass Mutual does not make business decisions to enter or exit a primary product arena based upon the unrelated decision of a TPA to underwrite a new policy for an insurance company with a completely different distribution channel and target market.

Back