Massachusetts Renewal for long expired

RichJ

Expert
Good Morning All.

I had my Health/Life here in good ole Massachusetts. I let it go when my health went off the cliff for that last couple years. I think I expired in '17.

I've been searching for re-instatement info and all I can find is renewals within 12 months of expiration. Does anyone here know if this means I need to retake the exams and reapply for a new license?

Thanks for any help.

Rich

Yes you need to retake exam. Also, when they ask, have you ever had your license expired in any state you have to check yes and send in an explanation. It will be asked frequently on new company appointments and on some state non resident renewals

Thanks @walthamny I suspected as much. Guess I start looking for an online provider to brush up since it's been a few years. That and I'm old and crap these days.

Appreciate the response!

If you sold insurance before, you would be surprised how much of the material you already know. It will be easy to pass again. I hope your mom is doing fine

That's the thing. I started working with fex contracting, worked some leads, then things went sideways. You are probably right, I likely do retain more then I think.

You might retain more than you think... but if it were me, since my focus has been life & annuities... all the Medicare stuff would be my greatest weakness.

As far as any explanation for licensing expirations, I think they primarily look if any license or company appointments were terminated for cause - meaning fraud, indebtedness, complaints, misrepresentations, etc. Lack of production is not "for cause", so you may not have to worry about anything for that. My Georgia life license has been inactive for over 10 years and that has never come up or ever been an issue.

Thanks @DHK !

None of that applies. Everything was pulled due to lack of production.

I appreciate the response!

Rich

Back