Maternity/Venting

SME

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
If one more pregnant person calls and complains that they can not get health insurance now I am going to SCREAM!!!!
I want to tell them that I don't care that they weren't planning on getting pregnant, they were having sex so what did you think would happen?
Or I only need insurance for the next 4 months I didn't need it before I got pregnant. What moron would let you pay $100 a month for 4 months while they pay for your $4000 accident?????????
As a responsible, intelligent person I just want to slap some sense into these people.

Okay I feel better now.

I want to tell them that I don't care that they weren't planning on getting pregnant, they were having sex so what did you think would happen?

Been there, don't that, got hanged up on :)

CO has "Cover Colorado" - State run for people who cannot get approved for indiv. coverage. Sliding rate scale based upon income.

A 30 yr old female, pregnant, makes less than 50K/yr with less than 50K liquid assets is $225/mth. This covers all prenatal visits at $25 co pay with 1K ded & 1K co insurance.

All they need to do is show a letter of decline for a pre existing condition. If they currently have ins. that does not cover maternity, it is accepted as proof of creditable coverage and there is no waiting period for coverage. If they do not have current ins (within past 90 days), there is a 6 mth waiting period for pre existing.

PacifiCare Network - many choices of doc's and hospitals.

If a Broker assists in submitting the app, a big $25 will come your way in a few months! It is a good fall back option when the clients have concern about no coverage for maternity.

CO has "Cover Colorado" - State run for people who cannot get approved for indiv. coverage. Sliding rate scale based upon income.

A 30 yr old female, pregnant, makes less than 50K/yr with less than 50K liquid assets is $225/mth. This covers all prenatal visits at $25 co pay with 1K ded & 1K co insurance.

All they need to do is show a letter of decline for a pre existing condition. If they currently have ins. that does not cover maternity, it is accepted as proof of creditable coverage and there is no waiting period for coverage. If they do not have current ins (within past 90 days), there is a 6 mth waiting period for pre existing.

PacifiCare Network - many choices of doc's and hospitals.

If a Broker assists in submitting the app, a big $25 will come your way in a few months! It is a good fall back option when the clients have concern about no coverage for maternity.

Very similar to CA MRMIP program. Only we get a bigger $50 for the application;) Features one Blue Cross PPO (good plan 80/20 no deductible), Blue Shield HMO and Kaiser HMO.

CA also has the AIM program (Access for Infants and Mothers) which is strictly for pregnant women but unlike MRMIP is income-driven. I am not sure if we even get anything for one of those.

Every once in awhile a check shows up in my mailbox for an MRMIP enrollee.

Another thing in CA, BC, BS both offer plan coverage change if a woman on a non-maternity plan gets pregnant. They can move from that plan to the 5000 PPO plan. So I use MRMIP and AIM for those without any coverage or with carriers who cannot move them to a maternity plan.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

Back