May I Use Red Ink on New Humana App?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I don't like to write much Humana lately, but I did my first 2016 app the other day. I never realized how much the red lettering on white background helped "the flow" when I was completing the paper app with black ink. Now, the app is black ink on white background. When I use a black pen, it seems harder to distinguish what I've written in the black squares. I'm not sure if it's because this app is new or because the lack of contrasting color is playing tricks on my eyes.

I don't like to write much Humana lately, but I did my first 2016 app the other day. I never realized how much the red lettering on white background helped "the flow" when I was completing the paper app with black ink. Now, the app is black ink on white background. When I use a black pen, it seems harder to distinguish what I've written in the black squares. I'm not sure if it's because this app is new or because the lack of contrasting color is playing tricks on my eyes.

I don't think a good idea. How are you getting the aps. to Humana? Just my 2 cents.

One of my med supp clients owns a company that prepares customs documents for other companies. He tells me that blue ink is preferred for all important documents, as it stands out from the black-and-white on most forms.

I don't think a good idea. How are you getting the aps. to Humana? Just my 2 cents.

Lol. I only meant the "red ink" comment as a tongue in cheek. The instructions on the form clearly state that Agent should use blue or black ink. I'm just not reading my writing as easily since the ink seems to blend in with the app. :(

----------

One of my med supp clients owns a company that prepares customs documents for other companies. He tells me that blue ink is preferred for all important documents, as it stands out from the black-and-white on most forms.

Blue ink it is. I'm going to use it on these new apps.

If you are sending the apps to the company by fax, will they see color on the other end?

I've used blue ink for years for the exact reason that it helps by standing out on an app. I have had exactly zero carriers ever complain that they couldn't see it on a fax.

Back