May I Use Red Ink on New Humana App?

Oct 18, 2015

1. wehotex

wehotex Guru

State:
    Texas
    I don't like to write much Humana lately, but I did my first 2016 app the other day. I never realized how much the red lettering on white background helped "the flow" when I was completing the paper app with black ink. Now, the app is black ink on white background. When I use a black pen, it seems harder to distinguish what I've written in the black squares. I'm not sure if it's because this app is new or because the lack of contrasting color is playing tricks on my eyes.

wehotex, Oct 18, 2015
  2. kennethbroyles

kennethbroyles Guru

I don't think a good idea. How are you getting the aps. to Humana? Just my 2 cents.

3. WCMason

WCMason Guru

State:
    Colorado
    One of my med supp clients owns a company that prepares customs documents for other companies. He tells me that blue ink is preferred for all important documents, as it stands out from the black-and-white on most forms.

WCMason, Oct 19, 2015
  4. wehotex

wehotex Guru

State:
    Texas
    Lol. I only meant the "red ink" comment as a tongue in cheek. The instructions on the form clearly state that Agent should use blue or black ink. I'm just not reading my writing as easily since the ink seems to blend in with the app. :(

----------

Blue ink it is. I'm going to use it on these new apps.

wehotex, Oct 19, 2015
  5. tesflex

tesflex Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    If you are sending the apps to the company by fax, will they see color on the other end?

tesflex, Oct 19, 2015
  6. kstein

kstein Guru

When. Faxing blue ink shows up as light gray/gray sometimes it's hard to see

kstein, Oct 20, 2015
  7. Fisher

Fisher Guru

State:
    Missouri
    I've used blue ink for years for the exact reason that it helps by standing out on an app. I have had exactly zero carriers ever complain that they couldn't see it on a fax.

Fisher, Oct 20, 2015
  8. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    The debil will cancel your contract if you use red ink - and then blame CMS rules.

Rick

GreenSky, Oct 20, 2015