Maybe You Can Help?

starfirey2k

Hi, this question is from the state of florida, we are small real estate business with 4 employee's on payroll, last month our payroll service informed us they did not want to do business with us anymore. said we did not fit there business plan.
the company owner has located and will subscribe to another local payroll company. in order to keep our health insurance small group.

here is the problem, the new payroll company wants us to go through the entire process of applying for health insurance even though we will be using the same health insurance provider....as I have now....

my question becomes this, can we just transfer our current health insurance from payroll company "a" to our new payroll company "b"?

I did actually call my health care provider and they said they do business with both of the payroll companies that we are involved with right now.

I would very much like any thoughts and comments on this, thanks in advance for your time and directions....

just get your own group plan outside the payroll company....might be cheaper also.....

Yes, you will need to go through it again. They will need to set-up a whole new account for the employer and for each of the employees. This is nothing new and is standard.

Thank you all for your input, I am researching all my options at this point. I did talk with aetna again, and they explained as a simple matter of payroll company "a" transferring my aetna account to payroll company "b". I have no understanding of insurance at all, I guess that is why I am in real estate.

Back