Mayo Clinic Accepts Medicare Advantage

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I had a client ask me if the Medicare Advantage plan is accepted by the Mayo Clinic. I told them I'd call and find out. When I called the billing department for the MN Mayo clinic they said they do accept Medicare Advantage plans for now and they accept assignment on them. Did anyone know this? They don't accept assignment usually when it's a Medicare supplement, so I was suprised they do it for Medicare Advantage.

I thought that was interesting.

anyone else want to call and confirm this...You know how it goes, one person tells you one thing and another tells you something else

That would be great. But if they do not accept medicare assignment, they will not be able to accept medicare advantage plans.

When I called, the person in billing told me they accept Medicare Advantage plans and they would accept assignment on these plans. That's why I wondered if anyone else wanted to call and make sure on this. I'll call back tomorrow unless someone else calls and confirms what they told me.

Old thread but I could not find the one I was looking for. This one will work for now.

The following Mayo Clinic campuses limit access to some of the Medicare Advantage plans:

• Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona. Patients covered by any types of Medicare Advantage Plans (exception Cost share/HCPP) that are not contracted may not be seen. Patients cannot be seen on a self-pay basis.
  • Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida. Patients covered by Medicare Advantage HMO plans without authorization may not be seen. Patients cannot be seen on a self-pay basis.
  • Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. Patients covered by Medicare Advantage HMO plans without authorization may not be seen. Patients cannot be seen on a self-pay basis.
Medicare Advantage HMO plans require authorization prior to scheduling appointments at the Mayo Clinic site that is contracted or that has accepted your plan; without authorization, the patient will be financially responsible.

Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona and Florida do not agree to the terms and conditions of noncontracted Medicare Advantage plans, due to administrative and financial challenges. Please refer to your Medicare Advantage plan for a list of in-network providers.
Billing and insurance - More about Medicare

I do know that Sloan Kettering in NY only accepts PPO ONLY as out of network

Could this be what Mayo means as well?

Back