MCS-90 Endorsement / Filings / Confused?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I have a small pest control operation where I insure their 2 vehicles on a commercial auto policy. Questions..

1.) Is any hazardous cleanup always excluded for this class?

2.) Does the MCS-90 endorsement mean the carrier will then include hazardous cleanup in their limits?

3.) Or does the MCS-90 just mean the carrier will file w/ the state or federal government that this person carriers a certain liability limit

So I have a small pest control operation where I insure their 2 vehicles on a commercial auto policy. Questions.. 1.) Is any hazardous cleanup always excluded for this class? 2.) Does the MCS-90 endorsement mean the carrier will then include hazardous cleanup in their limits? 3.) Or does the MCS-90 just mean the carrier will file w/ the state or federal government that this person carriers a certain liability limit

The MCS-90 is basically a state filing to comply with the motor carrier act for certain commercial risks.

The state filing is a way of guaranteeing that the motor carrier will be able to pay its claim at the time of a loss, either through insurance, surety bond, or self insured.

States will require certain operations to comply with this act and you'll have to add the endorsement on to their policy.

I do believe the endorsement buys back pollution and hazardous cleanup which is normally excluded.

Check with the carrier if they can include it.

Depends on the carrier. The MCS90 guarantees a certain level of ins (750,000) it also states the company will pay for cleanup but If its not covered by the original policy the insurance company can go back after the insured for reimbursement.

Back