Mdrt

Bwell86

Expert
I'm filling out the application for MDRT and it says I need to join a professional organization that recognizes MDRT. I know NAIFA is an option, but I'm already sending in my dues for $550 to MDRT and don't really want to cut another $500 check right now for NAIFA membership.

What are some other options for organizations? I tried google, but it just keeps directing me to the MDRT website.

Thank you.

MDRT is affiliated with NAIFA and GAMA Int'l, off the top of my head. Both come with steep dues. Those dues keep us all in business. Right now, NAIFA is in front of Congressional leaders trying to keep life insurance benefits tax preferred, among other things.
Become a member of NAIFA. It's worth it.

Why are you joining MDRT, are you at a large career shop? If so, they will probably pay your dues for you. If you have to wait for reimbursement, at least see if your manager will spot you the money for NAIFA until it comes in. I bet he will or pay it himself. Your membership in both organizations makes him look good.

Thanks for the advice. That sounds like a good cause to support. I think they offer discounted CE courses in my area as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am part of a large career shop. I'm with Prudential.

Last edited:
MDRT encourages members to be involved in their industry and communities. As an association that grew out of another, we recognize the advantages of being connected with peers at various levels - it’s good for the individual, other producers and the industry.

The attachment offers a listing of all the associations that meet the MDRT professional association requirement.

Attachments

• ApprovedProAssoc.pdf
    86.9 KB · Views: 12
I'm filling out the application for MDRT and it says I need to join a professional organization that recognizes MDRT. I know NAIFA is an option, but I'm already sending in my dues for $550 to MDRT and don't really want to cut another $500 check right now for NAIFA membership.

What are some other options for organizations? I tried google, but it just keeps directing me to the MDRT website.

Thank you.

join aaltci.org for only $99

Back