MDVIP... Anyone else Come Across This??

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a couple Med Supp clients in N Ga who was informed by their PCP that he is now part of this MDVIP. Apparently all his patients are going to be required to pay an annual fee of 1500 each, or they will have to find a new dr. Apparently he wants to treat less patients and spend more time with him (at least that's the pitch), while apparently making the same money.

Anyone else ever heard of this?

It is called concierge medicine. It's been written on a few times. Google it.

I did google it prior to posting, got limited info and found nothing when searching on the forums. Never heard of it before. Seems kind of ridiculous to expect patients to shell out $1500 yr just to see your physician and get them to do what they should do anyway.

I did google it prior to posting, got limited info and found nothing when searching on the forums. Never heard of it before. Seems kind of ridiculous to expect patients to shell out $1500 yr just to see your physician and get them to do what they should do anyway.

So you're not a fan of the free market?

There are plenty of other doctors that don't require it, patients can vote with their feet.

So you're not a fan of the free market?

There are plenty of other doctors that don't require it, patients can vote with their feet.

What does being a fan of free market have to do with anything. Yes i advised my clients to switch physicians.

What does being a fan of free market have to do with anything. Yes i advised my clients to switch physicians.

Seems kind of ridiculous to expect patients to shell out $1500 yr just to see your physician and get them to do what they should do anyway.
I may have misread it. I thought you were being overly critical of the dr, but based on your response and rereading it, maybe it was more of an observation than anything else.

A friend of mine sold MA in CT and did great with the MA plans because tons of the folks up there just pay cash for their docs and their docs don't take any plans, even Medicare. Strange world.

I think it's a good thing. Doctors should have better service for people that are willing to pay more. A doctor should set his own prices. They shouldn't be set by insurance companies or Medicare.

I've been nursing a MAJOR kidney stone all day. I have a similar setup to that with my doctor. I make one phone call and he's on it. He even offered to have one of his staff hand deliver pain meds to my home today. It was well worth it. And much needed. You know what I mean if you've ever had kidney stones.

Latest posts

Back