MEC Plans for Individuals? LOVE Your Feedback

We've been running Xpress Healthcare for almost 10yrs now and recently offered/introduced an individual/family affordable healthcare option that covers 100% preventative care along with some other features including Teladoc ($0 consult fee), Aetna Dental Access, Medical Bill Saver, Vision, etc. Avoid nasty penalties with Xpress Health’s MEC for individual. Are any of you selling these types of healthcare alternatives to your clients? Would love to hear what company you've been running with along with the feedback you've been getting from your clients and.

We've been running Xpress Healthcare for almost 10yrs now and recently offered/introduced an individual/family affordable healthcare option that covers 100% preventative care along with some other features including Teladoc ($0 consult fee), Aetna Dental Access, Medical Bill Saver, Vision, etc. Avoid nasty penalties with Xpress Health’s MEC for individual. Are any of you selling these types of healthcare alternatives to your clients? Would love to hear what company you've been running with along with the feedback you've been getting from your clients and.

would not sell this if you put a gun to my head.......

50% co-insurance up to $5,000 (max benefit $2,500)

Appreciate the feedback Stibroker! The Pike and Crest plan made up 90+% of sales and brokers added an additional indemnity product to make it more of a robust offering for the client and coming in about 40% lower than traditional health insurance

I offer MEC with short term to get out of the penalty but no way would I sell it by itself.

Penalty is gone. No need to sell crap mec anymore.
Not all of them are "crap." They can actually be quite useful.

Example:

Someone doesn't want to pay the premiums of an actual ACA plan because they are so expensive. So they buy a year-long STM. But they also want the perks of the MEC in the ACA so they bundle it with the STM. Now they get screenings etc as well as other MEC provisions and their STM for a MUCH lower cost than the ACA plan.

I'm sure most people will get more money out of the MEC policy than what the premium for MEC?? Not.

Or, most people just won't use the MEC plan.

Same people could just pay cash and save even more money, then using a MEC plan and premium. Mymedlab.com, goodrx.com and whatever physical dot com you want to use.

Back