MEC Plans for Individuals? LOVE Your Feedback

That can easily get maxed in the 1st month. What's the co pay?
$10 Generic $50 Brand

But like I said, the point I am making is that this IS insurance which another agent tried to say it is not. And, like I also said, I almost always bundle this with something else. It is NOT for everyone.

Not all of them are "crap." They can actually be quite useful.

Example:

Someone doesn't want to pay the premiums of an actual ACA plan because they are so expensive. So they buy a year-long STM. But they also want the perks of the MEC in the ACA so they bundle it with the STM. Now they get screenings etc as well as other MEC provisions and their STM for a MUCH lower cost than the ACA plan.

If your MEC plan has no maximum on illness, Why the need for a duplicate STM plan?

Therefore, It is not insurance, and I hope you dont sell it without stm or ACA. Do you even know why MEC plans were created and what they are and are not?

Verify E&O is paid up

Wouldn't that be the biggest part of the bill for any serious illness? :err:

How does it pay on dialysis? Chemo? Penile implant? :huh:
Never said serious illness.
Therefore, It is not insurance, and I hope you dont sell it without stm or ACA. Do you even know why MEC plans were created and what they are and are not?

Verify E&O is paid up

I think you need to revisit the definition of insurance. I never said it was comprehensive insurance. And yes, I do know why they were created to avoid the penalty. But there are also uses for some plans outside of that. If you don't like them, that's fine, some of my clients actually benefit from them so I will sell them as long as there is a bona fide need/use/benefit for these plans.

Back