Mechanical Breakdown Insurance?

Whitak3r

I have an 05 Cadillac cts. It has less the 90k miles on it. I'm starting to think it's getting to the point where things pay start getting older and going to begin to be a money pit. Is it possible to get mechanical breakdown insurance on my vehicle? Roadside assistance may be a small part of it, but I'd like to get something that covers all mechanical repairs on my vehicle (new starter, battery, transmission problems, etc.) and I just pay a small deductible. Is this such a thing? I found one on the Geico website, but it wanted a near brand new car with less then 5000 miles on it, which seems pointless to me. I have state farm now and they have roadside assistance in case you break down on the side of the road, although it only pays for the tow to the garage, not the cost to fix the car. Thanks guys!!

What you want is an extended warranty. A car with that age and mileage, you won't get one that covers every possible occurrence, and deductible might not be tiny.

Ok that is kind of what I thought. Thanks. Since I bought my car about a year ago there is no way to get that extended warranty now is there?

I have an 05 Cadillac cts. It has less the 90k miles on it. I'm starting to think it's getting to the point where things pay start getting older and going to begin to be a money pit. Is it possible to get mechanical breakdown insurance on my vehicle? Roadside assistance may be a small part of it, but I'd like to get something that covers all mechanical repairs on my vehicle (new starter, battery, transmission problems, etc.) and I just pay a small deductible. Is this such a thing? I found one on the Geico website, but it wanted a near brand new car with less then 5000 miles on it, which seems pointless to me. I have state farm now and they have roadside assistance in case you break down on the side of the road, although it only pays for the tow to the garage, not the cost to fix the car. Thanks guys!!

90,000 miles is not a lot of miles on a modern car. Allow for tires and brakes and get your timing belt or chain replaced when the service manual recommends and keep on driving.

I used to never buy a car with less than 100,000 miles on it and I would drive them to the 200,000 point. I had no more problems than people with new cars had.

Ok that is kind of what I thought. Thanks. Since I bought my car about a year ago there is no way to get that extended warranty now is there?

Sure you can. I don't really know much about any of these companies that offer them, so I can't truly recommend one, but I'm aware of Endurance being a bigger one. There are others I'm sure.

Isn't that type of insurance called a warranty???

Back