Med Advantage lead question

Kimber

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Florida
Does anyone have a preferred method of getting Med Advantage leads they are willing to share? I get a lot of requests for ideas.

That is the magic question.

In the metro markets, the seniors are bombarded by mailers, radio ads, tv ads, and calls. I do not see how an independent can survive with out some type of lead source from a carrier or IMO.

In the rural market, I would guess that it is the same as marketing supplements. T65 lists, health fairs, referrals, seminars at senior centers, etc.

I know of only one carrier who has a lead system, and from what I hear in the field, the FMO's who provide leads shave the cost off of the commissions. Does it seem more economical to you to use a service or do your own mailings?

:wubclub:

Most of the time the haircut is not worth the free leads. I have found 1 marketing place that helps with leads and you don't get a haircut.

I don't know of any marketing places that help with leads that don't require the haircut for truly independent agents. All of the ones I know of have an exclusive arrangement with a particular MA company. If you know of one, would you care to share it with us? :yes:

That is the magic question.

In the metro markets, the seniors are bombarded by mailers, radio ads, tv ads, and calls. I do not see how an independent can survive with out some type of lead source from a carrier or IMO.

In the rural market, I would guess that it is the same as marketing supplements. T65 lists, health fairs, referrals, seminars at senior centers, etc.

Perhaps the biggest problem is with seminars. I've talked to seniors who'll ask about an upcoming seminar they've seen. Sometimes (although certainly not always) they will prefer to go to that rather than talk to you.

Most of the time the haircut is not worth the free leads. I have found 1 marketing place that helps with leads and you don't get a haircut.

I can attest to having too many bad haircuts!!! :arghh:

I'm on my own now... and prefer it that way. After several really really bad hair cuts, I can now cut my own hair. :yes:

Yes, I am working on developing my own lead sources, too. I have come across an interesting concept, and I will report back to the forum if I am successful or not. Don't expect a quick report... it should take several months before I know for sure if it is really worth its salt.

Back