Med Sup Foreign Travel Benefit

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
Can anyone point me in the right direction for details of the foreign travel benefit on Med Sups. Is it for life threatening emergency only?

I have someone who lives for several months at a time out of the country. He wants to know if he can use it for regular medical care. I don't think so but never thought about it before.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for details of the foreign travel benefit on Med Sups. Is it for life threatening emergency only? I have someone who lives for several months at a time out of the country. He wants to know if he can use it for regular medical care. I don't think so but never thought about it before.
My understanding - - but I can't cite a reference for this - - is the benefit is for urgently needed care only, and only valid within the first 60 days of the trip.

I suggest if they want to go to a foreign country they should just go to GA. People talk funny there so they clearly aren't part of the US.

Rick

I recommend they restrict their travel to countries with socialized medicine, like Scotland.

i recommend they use the 50,000.00 foreign travel benefit to pay for their plane tickets,hotel,meals etc. and use the savings to pay for healthcare in foreign country if needed. Great selling point to sell med supps to seniors who like to travel. haha

i recommend they use the 50,000.00 foreign travel benefit to pay for their plane tickets,hotel,meals etc. and use the savings to pay for healthcare in foreign country if needed. Great selling point to sell med supps to seniors who like to travel. haha

I have a client trying to do this as we speak. There is no claim to file. They bought travel insurance through their travel agency and are pretty upset that they, clearly, did not need it.

Back