Med Sup Vs Advantage

knwatson1

I am recently licensed and confused about how to go about selling Med Sups and MAPD. If I get responses to T-65 mailers and I call them to set an appointment from what I understand I then have to send them a SOA. We are not allowed to talk to them on the phone about Med Advantage and we are not allowed to talk to them in person about a Sup and an Advantage plan at the same time. How do they make an informed decision if we are not allowed to show and explain the differences between the two?

I am recently licensed and confused about how to go about selling Med Sups and MAPD. If I get responses to T-65 mailers and I call them to set an appointment from what I understand I then have to send them a SOA. We are not allowed to talk to them on the phone about Med Advantage and we are not allowed to talk to them in person about a Sup and an Advantage plan at the same time. How do they make an informed decision if we are not allowed to show and explain the differences between the two?

You might want to speak with your upline about this. You're making it way more complicated that it really is.

If you'd like to discuss this, send me your phone number via email (below) and let's get this figured out.

Rick

You are not allowed to cold call and talk about MA, But if the mail piece is compliant then they initiated contact and you can talk MA over the phone, You would need a scope if you are to meet them in person

You forgot the part about you're not allowed to ask them what drugs they take. But if you sign them up on a drug plan and you didn't look there drugs up on the formulary you're noncompliant.

But if they do offer to tell you what drugs they take your lab to write them down and look them up to see if they're on the formularies. And Medicare.gov has a nice software on the website that will do comparisons of their medicines to which companies have them on their formularies.

But if you trust that site is having accurate information you are noncompliant. Because you are only allowed to look them up on the actual company that you chooses formulary website.

Fun fun fun.

You forgot the part about you're not allowed to ask them what drugs they take. But if you sign them up on a drug plan and you didn't look there drugs up on the formulary you're noncompliant.

But if they do offer to tell you what drugs they take your lab to write them down and look them up to see if they're on the formularies. And Medicare.gov has a nice software on the website that will do comparisons of their medicines to which companies have them on their formularies.

But if you trust that site is having accurate information you are noncompliant. Because you are only allowed to look them up on the actual company that you chooses formulary website.

Fun fun fun.
CMS has made a lot of rules. AHIP consumes my mind as well. Just be reasonable and get Scopes signed and do your best. If you call a person about Med supps and then the consumer asks about MAPD... Answer them. The way I see it is you cant call someone and sugest MAPD on the front end. But compliance is hard. Just do your best. Its only my 2nd full year so im with ya! Complience hurts so good! Fun stuff

You have it all mixed up and confused, you need to contact your upline.

Alternately you can contact Rick as he suggested, you will get good guidance.

Rick might have some videos on Medicare, Medicare Advantage, etc you can watch.

Also, take Rick up on the phone call.

Like the other guys said, talk to your upline. There are ways to do it compliantly, and ethically.

You are not allowed to cold call and talk about MA, But if the mail piece is compliant then they initiated contact and you can talk MA over the phone, You would need a scope if you are to meet them in person

The only rub here is if you catch to many MA 's while fishing for med supps it is considered a bait and switch strategy by CMS

Back