Med Supp Application Fee

Had a med supp client that was applying for a lower priced Med Supp with me this morning. We were completing the online application and everything was going fine until he realized that there was a $20 app fee that he would have to pay whether or not he gets approved or not (most likely he'll get approved). I did mention the app fee earlier, but I don't think he remembered.

He wanted to know if he paid quarterly, semiannually or annually if they would waive the $20 fee...with this carrier they will not.

So the guy was just stuck on that app fee and wouldn't continue with the completion of the app. He wanted to think about it for a day or two? He said he wants to get the new med supp, but doesn't want to pay the fee.

I told him whether he buys from me or directly from the carrier, he will have to pay the app fee. I went over how much he would save annually which is about $400 and he still was stuck on the fee.

Any suggestions?

I'm curious what were u replacing with what? Was it the same plan with a different company? Maybe 35 bucks a mo savings wasn't enough, actually obviously it wasn't enough or he would have changed. Everyone has a price 35 bucks wasn't his. I have a suggestion, why aren't you providing a real savings with a zero premium advantage plan? Don't you have any good advantage plans in your area? I'm saving hundreds of clients husband and wife thousands year after year now that's a real savings wouldn't u agree?

I'm curious what were u replacing with what? Was it the same plan with a different company? Maybe 35 bucks a mo savings wasn't enough, actually obviously it wasn't enough or he would have changed. Everyone has a price 35 bucks wasn't his. I have a suggestion, why aren't you providing a real savings with a zero premium advantage plan? Don't you have any good advantage plans in your area? I'm saving hundreds of clients husband and wife thousands year after year now that's a real savings wouldn't u agree?

You need to compare apples with apples. Med Advantage has a lot of disadvantages vs. Med Supp. I suggest you learn it before you make any recommendations to your prospects and other agents

Till they get sick anyway.

Back