Med supp apps before receipt of MBI

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Searched the forums on this but couldn't find a good answer on this. How will we be able to submit OE med supp business with these new MBI numbers before the applicant has received their medicare card? I know the old school Soc+A or T number will work through 2019 but how is this all going to work when that is totally phased out? Are we just going to have to wait till they receive their card around 3 months out from Part B effective date? If so I guess that makes the 6 month OEP worthless... am I right?

Good question. All I can tell you is that I had an issue with Silverscripts. The SS # A was not being accepted by the system for what ever reason. I ended up having to call the carrier and they were able to give me the clients MBI number. How? I don't know. That's the only time I've run into a problem.

I agree right now it's not an issue, But the time is coming, I don't know what that will look like. However, I am concerned, enough of my buis is done before a Medicare card is received, sometimes a month before T65 still no card or how many lost their card just remember social - A

I’ve never done an app more than 3 months out of T65 so I’m not sure about that situation.
But a couple of companies will give agents a clients mbi ID if they don’t have their card. Maybe more companies will join in but I highly doubt 6 months out.

I’ve never done an app more than 3 months out of T65 so I’m not sure about that situation.
But a couple of companies will give agents a clients mbi ID if they don’t have their card. Maybe more companies will join in but I highly doubt 6 months out.
I do them 6 months out. You can do the SS # plus A, but that's not always correct(retired teacher, rairoad retiree, etc.). Just write in "new" and the company will send the client a form to fill in when they get their card.

Almost every company will accept T65ers 6 months out, so they're aware that they don't have a card yet.

I do them 6 months out. You can do the SS # plus A, but that's not always correct(retired teacher, rairoad retiree, etc.). Just write in "new" and the company will send the client a form to fill in when they get their card.

Almost every company will accept T65ers 6 months out, so they're aware that they don't have a card yet.
I knew the monkey would have an answer :jiggy:

I don't know If that will work on Eapps? If it does then that's good news if not then Not so much

I don't know If that will work on Eapps? If it does then that's good news if not then Not so much
I don't know about that, I've only done a couple of E-apps and they weren't T65. In the case of an E-app, just put in what you think it'll be(SS # with an A), and check with the client when they get their card. If it's different from the # you submitted, then you can correct it with the company.

I don't know about that, I've only done a couple of E-apps and they weren't T65. In the case of an E-app, just put in what you think it'll be(SS # with an A), and check with the client when they get their card. If it's different from the # you submitted, then you can correct it with the company.

Yes, that's what I am doing now just don't know what that will be like after they are no longer taking both next year.

Back