Med Supp Calculator for my Clients

robdedgar

I represent about 60 different carriers and would like a simplier way to calculate the lowest cost med supp for my client. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

I represent about 60 different carriers and would like a simplier way to calculate the lowest cost med supp for my client. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

As already said, CSG's the way to go. They list every company. It's nice to be able to look up your competition. They also have MA/MAPD/PDP and FE. All 3 for $30 a month. I think it's $150 for all states.

We have a great discount on CSG. If you only need one state just get it directly. But the discount through the association for all 58 states is more than the cost of membership.

Rick

CSG doesnt have every company, I see companies on Ritter that arent on CSG, and vice versa...

Really? I haven't noticed that. I like the fact they even have the car insurance companies like State Farm and Country Cos. listed. If you want them to add one they will, same way with FEX Quotes.

Doesn't Ritter just show the companies they handle?

CSG doesnt have every company, I see companies on Ritter that arent on CSG, and vice versa...

I thought I saw something similar, a carrier missing - I put it down as a temp glitch only I experienced. 95% of the time they are reliable.

But after a while you know your markets and dont need a rater to tell you whose #1, #2, #3.

In FL, I know UHC is #1, FL BLUE is #2 by $1/mo a lot of the times - and in some counties, they edge out UHC and are #1 by $1-1.25 or so premium difference.

I'm sure other markets are similar.

----------

For Tampa Bay, Ritter doesn't have BCBSFL which is $0.05 more expensive than UHC. Also they don't show Aetna either, here is what they do show..

Consiring Ritter is FREE, it's great - they aren't charging anything, it's pretty good. I personally use CSG for Medigap quoting and Ritter for MAPD/PDP.

Ritter Top 3 for 33602

UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company
Gerber Life
UnitedAmerican

CSG Top 3 for 33602

UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.
GLOBE LIFE AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE COMPANY

Ritter Top 3 for 77075

Blue Cross Blue Shield IL TX MT OK NM
Transamerica Premier Life
New Era

CSG Top 3 for 77075

Reserve National Insurance Company
BCBS Il/Tx/Nm/Ok
Usaa Life Insurance Company

Ritter Top 3 for 31217

New Era
Aetna Health and Life
Heartland National Life Insurance Company

CSG Top 3 for 31217

Companion Life Insurance Company
State Mutual Insurance Company
New Era

How are you subscribing / accessing CSG?

I've noticed through MAT, that they are limiting the carriers (unless I have settings wrong?). On my own subscription in my zip code, plan F age 65 generates 56 quotes. On MAT, it generates 34, and excludes a few carriers which I am appointed with.

In short, if you have your own subscription, I don't think there are any missing - or at least there are very, very few missing quotes.

Back