Med Supp Carriers that offer instant decision underwriting

joe92275

Super Genius
This forum was very helpful to me in the past putting together a list of FE carriers that offered instant decision underwriting for telesales (or face to face). I am now looking for the same with med Supps...here is what I know so far:

CSI Life
Equitable National
Americo
Manhattan Life
WULU
Unified Life

Are there any other carriers that offer a decision at the end of the Personal Health Interview (PHI) other than the 6 I listed above? (I will note that Americo and Inified are instant decision via their eapp although Unified allows it over the phone but you have to do a recording, etc).

Pan American life if you use the e app you will get approved or email to call in to an underwriter to answer questions then you get a decision goes fast

Pan American life if you use the e app you will get approved or email to call in to an underwriter to answer questions then you get a decision goes fast

Ok good to know. The list is growing..

CSI Life
Equitable National
Americo
WULU
Manhattan
Unified
Pan American

Are there more med supp carriers that offer instant decision underwriting?

This forum was very helpful to me in the past putting together a list of FE carriers that offered instant decision underwriting for telesales (or face to face). I am now looking for the same with med Supps...here is what I know so far:

CSI Life
Equitable National
Americo
Manhattan Life
WULU
Unified Life

Are there any other carriers that offer a decision at the end of the Personal Health Interview (PHI) other than the 6 I listed above? (I will note that Americo and Inified are instant decision via their eapp although Unified allows it over the phone but you have to do a recording, etc).

Serious question - not trying to sound like questioning your process: Would this only be a factor when you need to know really quickly if the underwritten is approved, or do you want to essentially only write the instant decisions?

I ask because when I do an underwritten, I just assume it'll take a week or so - if applying 11/23, I'm going to request 1/1 effective - rather than try to "push" for 12/1.

I guess I just see the carriers listed above and I'm not too excited about any of them and couldn't see building my book with limited carriers - none of which are the big players...

Serious question - not trying to sound like questioning your process: Would this only be a factor when you need to know really quickly if the underwritten is approved, or do you want to essentially only write the instant decisions?

I ask because when I do an underwritten, I just assume it'll take a week or so - if applying 11/23, I'm going to request 1/1 effective - rather than try to "push" for 12/1.

I guess I just see the carriers listed above and I'm not too excited about any of them and couldn't see building my book with limited carriers - none of which are the big players...

Ironically these carriers tend to pop up in the 10 lowest pricing for the states we work in. I have had a lot of problems with a few name brand carrier underwriting and much rather use carriers that have put money behind technology to instantly determine if a policy is approved.

I always give clients the choice to decide what’s best for them. Also I absolutely believe in splitting the risk and place with many different carriers. I’ve been doing it in households as well (husband with one carrier wife with the other) bc lots of carriers offer a roommate discount these days.

I have the brand names, they are mainly demanded in the T65 market..but in O68 most of the people I work with understand a Plan G is a Plan G and are more interested in value than name brand.

I’m not saying I don’t sell them or push one or the other..I give the choice and they pick.

Ironically these carriers tend to pop up in the 10 lowest pricing for the states we work in. I have had a lot of problems with a few name brand carrier underwriting and much rather use carriers that have put money behind technology to instantly determine if a policy is approved.

I always give clients the choice to decide what’s best for them. Also I absolutely believe in splitting the risk and place with many different carriers. I’ve been doing it in households as well (husband with one carrier wife with the other) bc lots of carriers offer a roommate discount these days.

I have the brand names, they are mainly demanded in the T65 market..but in O68 most of the people I work with understand a Plan G is a Plan G and are more interested in value than name brand.

I’m not saying I don’t sell them or push one or the other..I give the choice and they pick.

That's cool - and I agree, T65 cares more about "brand" than 69, etc. At least in my experience. Show a 69 yr old (who trusts you) a $30-40/mo savings, and brand doesn't matter quite as much as it used to.

There may be something psychologically about being bombarded with advertising as a T65 and thinking, Ok, I need to just go with something at least remotely familiar - and it's within $10 of the "lowest price."

That's cool - and I agree, T65 cares more about "brand" than 69, etc. At least in my experience. Show a 69 yr old (who trusts you) a $30-40/mo savings, and brand doesn't matter quite as much as it used to.

There may be something psychologically about being bombarded with advertising as a T65 and thinking, Ok, I need to just go with something at least remotely familiar - and it's within $10 of the "lowest price."

It's funny bc prior to Cigna changing their rules to draft on issue rather effective, it was the most oversold T65 med supp policy from all the shithole phone rooms. I would run a facebook advertisement saying "tired of being told you need to buy cigna and silverscript...click learn more below to speak to a qualified agent in your area...."

"tired of being told you need to buy cigna and silverscript...click learn more below to speak to a qualified agent in your area...."

Love it.

It's sickening that some "training" places and large agencies just "recommend SilverScript" blindly.

Back