Med Supp Commission

tommyk

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
What is the average med supp commission for working in an independent office. I have no idea, but recently have been contacted. Want to make sure everyone is in line.
Thanks

Depends if they are providng you with training and leads. If you were completely independent you should get on average between 18-20%. Well it also varies by state. That is IN commissions. You definetly need to know from someone in IL. Michigan gets usually about 10% more than me and also for more years. IN usually pays 6 to 8 yrs at a level commission.

Tommyk and Senior, I am sorry but I have to report you two guys for sending those short complimentary message to al3. You are cluttering the board!:policeman: :tongue: :D

I'd ban them from the board as a first step. Then I'd take out a million dollar policy on them and then give the contract to Tony Soprano. :yes:

Seriously, I know I take a lot of abuse for my 'stand' on one-word posts, but this is about the only board I know of where the mods don't make the request to post ONLY 'meaningful' traffic and that the "I agree" or "Thanks" or similar postings are not considered 'meaningful.' One reason it is made is that boards are database driven and these posts consume resources and as any database gets larger and larger, it can take longer for it to reply to requests (unless it is optimized from time to time.)

Of course, this board does not get nearly the kind of traffic that some of the large boards I read do (such as Apple Support http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1 so it's probably not a big deal to the tech-guys here.

I still think it is a time-sink to click on the 'last post' > icon and get a "Thanks" message.

But if none of the rest of you agree, I'll not mention it again. But honestly. I really thought it was a good idea and that it would be embraced by people here as I figured they were as busy and time-strapped as I am. I was wrong. I don't think ONE person agreed with me. Not one.

So I guess I won't suggest that we ban people for bad spelling. :laugh:

Or how about letting people post only one message a day? ;)

Test. Test. Is this microphone on?

Take my wife... please!

It's a cold house out there!

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

I'd ban them from the board as a first step. Then I'd take out a million dollar policy on them and then give the contract to Tony Soprano. :yes:

Seriously, I know I take a lot of abuse for my 'stand' on one-word posts, but this is about the only board I know of where the mods don't make the request to post ONLY 'meaningful' traffic and that the "I agree" or "Thanks" or similar postings are not considered 'meaningful.' One reason it is made is that boards are database driven and these posts consume resources and as any database gets larger and larger, it can take longer for it to reply to requests (unless it is optimized from time to time.)

Of course, this board does not get nearly the kind of traffic that some of the large boards I read do (such as Apple Support http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1 so it's probably not a big deal to the tech-guys here.

I still think it is a time-sink to click on the 'last post' > icon and get a "Thanks" message.

But if none of the rest of you agree, I'll not mention it again. But honestly. I really thought it was a good idea and that it would be embraced by people here as I figured they were as busy and time-strapped as I am. I was wrong. I don't think ONE person agreed with me. Not one.

So I guess I won't suggest that we ban people for bad spelling. :laugh:

Or how about letting people post only one message a day? ;)

Test. Test. Is this microphone on?

Take my wife... please!

It's a cold house out there!

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

YES!:biggrin:

"Everyone like a little ass... but no one likes a wise ass!"

:D

Al
Al:

While I basically agree with the spirit of the comment and the fact you correctly have aimed it at me, I do have one problem.

Your post is only one sentence, without adding much to the conversation.

Can't you please post a longer winded comment. You know. More like your usual posts!

:D :D

I got in 2 smilies...you only had one. I win.

Rick

Back