Med Supp enrollment question

CT Insure Guy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have so far only sold Med Advantage plans but have a customer that wants an Anthem Med Supp plan today and I just have a quick question...

I thought I recalled some weird regulations/timeframe issues in regards to how/when/what they can apply for, no? (A, B, C, D...etc).

This applicant will be eligible/enrolled in Medicare on 10/1 so can I sell them any of these Med Supp plans now for that effective date or are there any exclusions?

Thanks!

There are no enrollment periods for Med Supps. This is a little bit of a simplification, but people can get a plan on a GI basis when they first get Medicare. So, you're good to go.

Rick

Rick, as usual, is 100% correct!

For people turning 65 or just taking Part B of Medicare they have a period of six months where they cannot be denied a Med Supp policy because of health reasons.

Medicare calls it their "Open Enrollment" period. Simply print "Open Enrollment" at the top of the portion of the app where the health questions begin.

As long as it is within that six month period the company cannot refuse to issue the policy. After the six month period expires the prospect will most probably have to successfully answer the health questions.

If you have any questions just give me a call.

What Rick was trying to say is: there is open enrollment year round. However, to get Guaranteed Issue, they need a SEP which works like MA.

Ricks explanation was easier to understand then yours.

SEP for MA can mean a hundered different things. Hell, there is an SEP for people who had to move because of Katrina

Rick, as usual, is 100% correct!

For people turning 65 or just taking Part B of Medicare they have a period of six months where they cannot be denied a Med Supp policy because of health reasons.

Medicare calls it their "Open Enrollment" period. Simply print "Open Enrollment" at the top of the portion of the app where the health questions begin.

Hey thanks! I appreciate all info/help...take care.

Back