Med Supp for Those on Disability

replic8

TN
Quick question all,
I have a potential client that was thrown my way that has been collecting disability for a while (since 93) and is looking to pick up med. supp. My carrier will not issue any med supp products since it is past the open enrollment period.
Is there any company that will issue Med supp. in TN past the open enrollment period?
She does not disqualify from the application process (Q7-17).
Is this a lost cause or does a company issue med supp. that is underwritten past the open enrollment?

This is my first exposure to Med supps and has been a crash course since no-one in the office has bothered to learn this product even though we offer it.

In Fla, I have found BC and AARPUHC to be the easiest in underwriting questions but have a 3 month waiting period for pre-existings. May be different in TN.
AARP and Mutual of Omaha come in with the best rates in CA. Have you checked if any companies offer a high deductible F? The rate will be much higher for pre-65. AARP has limited underwriting.

Quick question all,
I have a potential client that was thrown my way that has been collecting disability for a while (since 93) and is looking to pick up med. supp. My carrier will not issue any med supp products since it is past the open enrollment period.
Is there any company that will issue Med supp. in TN past the open enrollment period?
She does not disqualify from the application process (Q7-17).
Is this a lost cause or does a company issue med supp. that is underwritten past the open enrollment?

This is my first exposure to Med supps and has been a crash course since no-one in the office has bothered to learn this product even though we offer it.

Who's app are you talking about and what questions DQ her? Just because she doesn't qualify for one company, doesn't mean she won't qualify for another. As far as price, American Continental has about the lowest rates I've seen for Disability Med Supps.

Back