Med Supp for yourself

Here's a question for all the Med Supp experts out there. If you were turning 65 in the next three months, had no prior health issues, wanted a Plan G, and lived in South Carolina or Georgia, what Med Supp carrier would you go with for yourself?

There really isn't a difference between carriers other than premium as they are standardized. I think AARP has the largest share of the market, they offer a couple discounts and they allow members to switch up the plan (up or down) without underwriting.

Rate increase would be their premium. Med supp customer service questions/issues is what a bankers life and casualty agent would sell you on. It’s a non issue with Med supp

So Chazm, who do you like for a good combination of competitive rates/modest rate increases?

I'm here in GA and have written a disproportional amount of Anthem (BCBS) Plan G's since I have been in business the last few months. Anthem's broker services are DEFINITELY the worst I've dealt with so far but their rates are often only a few dollars more than WULA and when given the option of going with WULA (which no one has heard of) and BCBS ... my clients tend to choose BCBS.

I have come to appreciate UHC as well though. Their UW seems to be the most lenient, their technology is easy to use and their broker services has always been super helpful. Unfortunately, in my experience their rates are almost always higher than WULA, Anthem, CSI and now Lumico.

Back