Med Supp GI Moved outside service area Issue Resolved

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I am trying to do medsupp for my mother in law, And I ran into an Issue I never had before

She moved outside the service are of her AARP MA plan, AARP sends a letter that state Moved outside the area OR we could not reach you to confirm the address

Western United said that is not acceptable with the word OR

AARP said that is the way they send it that it and that's that

Because AARP won't fax and is slow with the mail She is NOW without cov and has health conditions

I'm am really upset I had promised her this cov and she is ion FL about to have a medical procedure

What can I do?

Just one more reason why I won't work with those folks (UHC) . . .

Is it too late to get another carrier in the mix?

I never write GI any more and rarely use any of the Aetna carriers, but seems like they were a bit more reasonable on these things.

How about using AARP/UHC Medigap? They might be easier to work with since it is in house.

Or will they refuse to pay you and consider it an internal conversion?

I never write GI any more and rarely use any of the Aetna carriers, but seems like they were a bit more reasonable on these things.

How about using AARP/UHC Medigap? They might be easier to work with since it is in house.

I got it resolved Western United rep said they would put it through

The only problem besides being $50 more on the premium is UHC only allows 1st of the month effective

Though I think Mutual would approve without even a letter just on Medicare.gov

\

The worst thing is talking with them At UHC it's not the first time they got my blood boiling

Telling me she doesn't need a letter She has SEP, No matter how many times I tell them she got drug plan no problem with SEP this is for GI what Med Supp And girl answers but she does not have a med supp This circle for 20 minutes like a bad time loop

Telling me she doesn't need a letter She has SEP, No matter how many times I tell them she got drug plan no problem with SEP this is for GI what Med Supp And girl answers but she does not have a med supp This circle for 20 minutes like a bad time loop

Big carriers can be a real PITA.

Glad you got it resolved

Back