Med Supp IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had issues with CW getting back with me. Contract same as what I was shown by others.

I don't personally have a hatred for Chris, but I do call them like I see them. Just like when he was promoting diabetic products and then trying to upsell the client with either Medicare or FE. That is totally illegal and Chris was warned time and time again about it but he kept on trying to get agents to do it as well. I guess over time he finally realized he was walking the line and stopped doing that, but it took at least a year before he stopped. That makes me question his integrity as many others questioned it too.

1) Like I already said, when agents see what my site has to offer and simply wants to speak on the phone, it means they've made a decision not to join, and that's fine. When they find you and contract through you, that makes me happy. There is a place for them, it is just not with me. My website is a very, very effective screening tool for me and it works perfectly for that. As a result, I only speak with producers or want-to-be producers that are serious.
I make no apologies for that and tell non-members that very thing, both on the sign up page to my site and in my e-mailed replies when they write to me.

That's why there are different flavors of ice cream. I do not want every agent that finds my site. I only want certain ones that are serious. That screening process has been very successful since Feb 2013 when I started to site because I could not personally keep up with all of those that find me.

2) I have no idea what the freak you are talking about with selling diabetic products then trying to upsell. My agency was selling final expense life insurance TO diabetics as a marketing angle which worked, and continues to work. We used Foresters, United Home Life and Monumental life in this endeavor. I never sold a product, other than life and Medicare Supplements.

You kept telling me and trying to get me to stop. Really?
Something I did, selling life insurance to diabetics, was illegal? That's news to me.

What I was doing in 2013: (life insurance and Medicare)

Whatever, Todd. I don't have the time to continue to play in your forum sandbox of accusations. I'm glad you are successful. I have three more clients to write this afternoon and will be getting back to it.

I wish you all well.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few thoughts....

1. The "responsiveness" shouldn't even be an issue. Seriously...call the carrier for 95% of your questions. Why bug the upline?

In my opinion, the upline should be able to help with selling - the carriers are incompetent at that - and the upline shouldn't have to help with most "logistical" issues. i.e., supplies, etc. That's what the carrier's staff is for.

An upline should not be answering what Plan F rate is for 69 Male non-smoker...their role is to help the agents market and sell...

Someone else in the thread said that they are likely an IMO's dream because they rarely contact the IMO. That's how it should be, in my opinion.

2. In my personal experience, I've never had an issue getting in contact with Chris. He uses a nice ticket service (freshdesk?) to go through support tickets. It's effective (and professional).

3. The lead guy mad about not getting through during AEP - really? That's just funny...

2) I have no idea what the freak you are talking about with selling diabetic products then trying to upsell. My agency was selling final expense life insurance TO diabetics as a marketing angle which worked, and continues to work. We used Foresters, United Home Life and Monumental life in this endeavor. I never sold a product, other than life and Medicare Supplements.

You kept telling me and trying to get me to stop. Really?
Something I did, selling life insurance to diabetics, was illegal? That's news to me.

I never said you sold diabetic supplies, I said you promoted them. That was how you done that at one time. You called to offer them free diabetic supplies and then upsold them from there. Totally illegal.

You even had a website about it, then after about a year or so you finally took it down and said it was all a joke. Really? You design and pay money for a website that you promoted and let it bet out there for at least a year then you claim it was all a joke?

I'm not the only one that remembers that. I really wish I could find that thread, but I couldn't.

Either way, I'm glad you finally stopped doing it. Let's just go ahead and pretend it never happened.

That was how you done that at one time.

You really need to get a life of your own, Todd.
We can talk about it on the Rome trip, or the Iceland trip.

Wait.. didn't see your name on the roster as going.

One of us is transparent enough to earn our spot as an agent's mentor through PERSONAL production we are actually writing every day.

Which one?

You really need to get a life of your own, Todd.
We can talk about it on the Rome trip, or the Iceland trip.

Wait.. didn't see your name on the roster as going.

One of us is transparent enough to earn our spot as an agent's mentor through PERSONAL production we are actually writing every day.

Which one?

I was writing Med Supps and FE before you ever thought about being in insurance, so don't even try to pull that one out on me!

I was writing Med Supps and FE before you ever thought about being in insurance, so don't even try to pull that one out on me!

Oh, ok, so you're older. Makes me want to put my business with YOU.
I got my license in 1995 and wrote my first Med Supp in 1996.
My National Producer Number is six digits long, yours is seven. Hmm.

More importantly, I wrote my last application this morning.

How about you?

Again, waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back