Med Supp Innovative Benefits

Sterling life/health plans has or used to have an Innovative F plan.

It's at a pretty decent increase in premium but it has minimal dental, vision and hearing benefits. I think just preventative stuff.

That's the only one I've seen.

That explained nothing except that all med sup plans have to follow the same benefit guidelines. So what is it that you are speaking f that is innovative?

Besides the standardized benefit plans, federal law permits states to allow an insurer to add "new and innovative benefits" to a standardized plan. Any such new or innovative benefits must be cost-effective, not otherwise available in the marketplace, and offered in a manner that is consistent with the goal of simplifying Medigap insurance. Check with your state insurance department to find out whether such benefits are available in your state.

Besides the standardized benefit plans, federal law permits states to allow an insurer to add "new and innovative benefits" to a standardized plan. Any such new or innovative benefits must be cost-effective, not otherwise available in the marketplace, and offered in a manner that is consistent with the goal of simplifying Medigap insurance. Check with your state insurance department to find out whether such benefits are available in your state.

I'm really not that motivated to look. What states do you know of that let insurers offer innovative benefits?

I"ve seen it before. I'd rather sell a stand alone dental/vision/hearing plan so they have the freedom to switch supps if rates go up.

The "innovative" benefits are selling an additional plan with the supp, insurance companies creative way of making it sound better. Sterling has to come up with "something" to look attractive, lol

I"ve seen it before. I'd rather sell a stand alone dental/vision/hearing plan so they have the freedom to switch supps if rates go up.

The "innovative" benefits are selling an additional plan with the supp, insurance companies creative way of making it sound better. Sterling has to come up with "something" to look attractive, lol

I have never ran into a sterling life plan in IN until a month ago. I'm not sure of it was innovative but it got replaced. I don't see how they can add benefits to the Supp like some say. I haven't checked it out because I haven't ran into it. Seems against the rules to me.

Back