Med Supp (Lumico) question

This (below) came from Bankers Fidelity UG. At least one other carrier (can't recall which) will also decline if you are taking 3 or more BP meds including the following. You won't find it in THEIR underwriting guide. I found out because of an app that was declined

A combination of ACE inhibitor or Beta blocker plus a diuretic often indicates underlying serious heart conditions. History of heart attack, CHF or cardiomyopathy is often treated with those common BP med's.

I just had one declined with them for the same reason, I went level 2 because they were supposed to be easy with previous heart issues

There underwriting was a little longer also, they said I could get him approved with a letter from his doctor that took some time as well

He called me on a Monday morning and said I got the letter from my doctor, But my nurse daughter came by this weekend, when she saw the letter asked why I got it, And told me not to switch from BC because BC is the best and pay the best, I could no longer talk sense into him after all that time

Everyone is different, but I don't spend any time chasing after difficult underwriting situations. Much easier to fish in a different spot.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy helping people out. But my "save the world social work days" are in the past.

If they are outside of IEP I rarely submit an application until I have done a THOROUGH pre-screen. If they don't qualify for preferred or standard rates I tell them I can't help them.

Husband of a 6 year client has been trying to get me to write his coverage since before his wife T65. Until a few years ago there was nothing out there that could beat his rate.

Now that there is some room to save a few $$$ he has been diagnosed with RA. No one will take him.

At least no one I trust . . .

He reached out to me a few weeks ago, once again asking for a better rate. He said he went off plaquenil in June and his doc pronounced him "cured". No sign of RA.

I said still no options.

There is no cure for RA (WebMD) and plaquenil will show up in his 5 yr history . . . along with his initial RA diagnosis.

He told me he had applied with GPM through another agent and it saves him $40 per month.

I wished him well and said I hope this works out for you.

Great news! Our new Elips Life paper for Med Supp is almost here

Lumico team

Great news!

We'll soon be launching Lumico Medigap Solutions and our new Med Supp paper underwritten by Elips Life Insurance Company.

What is Lumico Medigap Solutions?

It's our new brand name for Medicare Supplement products on both Lumico Life Insurance Company and Elips Life Insurance Company paper.

They say a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet—and we agree! Lumico Medigap Solutions offer great products, at competitive prices. And we're here to keep the transition process smooth and seamless for you.

So what's next?
  • To ensure you can sell Elips Life on June 14, you first need to give us your authorization to get appointed—get it done today in one click!
    1. Log on to Lumico Agent Center.
    2. An authorization pop-up will appear—just click "Agree." That's it!
  • Keep a look out for additional tools, resources and training opportunities.
  • Stay tuned for more!
If you have any questions, please email our team.

We hope you're excited!

Lumico team

So, we've gone from an unoperated hernia to cancer. :wacko:

Details?
Know this is an old post but since Northeast Agent bumped with the news about Lumico I just noticed this comment that needs to be corrected. Lymphedema is not cancer. It may occur as a result of cancer treatment but there are also other causes so it is in error to jump to the conclusion the prospect had cancer.. Perhaps Monkey confused it with lymphoma which is a form of cancer.

Referring to #24, above...

Maybe I'm a bit thick, and it's early in the morning -- but the use of the word "paper" in this post makes no sense to me.

Is this yet another example of the "Omaha Shell and Pea Game" that we're so familiar with, i. e., starting a new product and letting the old one's premiums skyrocket?

Or am I totally misunderstanding this cryptic post??

[/QUOTE]

Lymphedema is not cancer. It may occur as a result of cancer treatment but there are also other causes so it is in error to jump to the conclusion the prospect had cancer..

The most common cause is the removal of a lymph node or due to treatment for cancer.

It's not cancer, and I only play a doctor when I'm watching medical dramas, but as someone that reads medical records and is trained evaluate signs of medical conditions it's completely reasonable to think that if you learn about Lymphedema that the person likely has cancer.

Obviously, you need to probe more, but that's 100% where my mind went then, and went back to when I reread the post.

As for Lumico, I submitted an application when I first started selling insurance again. Never again. Their underwriting department is lame and CS was poor. The guy had a really bad experience with them before he was denied. When I called, also really poor experience.

The most common cause is the removal of a lymph node or due to treatment for cancer.

It's not cancer, and I only play a doctor when I'm watching medical dramas, but as someone that reads medical records and is trained evaluate signs of medical conditions it's completely reasonable to think that if you learn about Lymphedema that the person likely has cancer.

Obviously, you need to probe more, but that's 100% where my mind went then, and went back to when I reread the post.

As for Lumico, I submitted an application when I first started selling insurance again. Never again. Their underwriting department is lame and CS was poor. The guy had a really bad experience with them before he was denied. When I called, also really poor experience.
Cancer is primary cause... but other reasons, even age, can be the cause.. Here is a list I found on the net.

Causes
Primary lymphedema may be the result of:

• Milroy's disease/congenital lymphedema: Abnormally formed lymph nodes
  • Meige's disease/lymphedema praecox: Causes lymphedema during puberty or pregnancy
  • Late-onset lymphedema/lymphedema tarda: Affects people older than 35 years

Secondary lymphedema is caused by the blockage of lymphatic system, due to:

• Cancer or tumor, either growing in or near the lymph nodes
  • Infection of the lymph nodes
  • Cancer treatment, including radiation treatment
  • Removal of lymph nodes as in case of cancer biopsies
  • Damage to lymph nodes, for example, surgery of blood vessels
  • Older age
  • Obesity or over weight
  • Rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis

176532913_10222801013906685_6335296892247380153_n.jpg

Back