Med supp phone calls

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
For you guys who are cold calling prospects for medicare supplements, are you able to get most of your phone calls in during the day due to the age group you are dealing with or is that not true. People still working or whatever. I understand in advance that you catch people when and where you can catch them and if you dont reach them during the day you try later etc, but does the nature of the business let you get a lot or most of your calls in during the daytime?

Thanks for any comments.

Winter

A lot of people are working but for many it's part time. You will have to do your own calling and track the zip codes to find your own averages in your area. I'm finding all past statistics are changing.....more single women,(divorce, spinster) active lifestyles so best time is mid-pm to early even to call. And a lot of unhealthy folks....meds, problems.

I do all of my calls during day (9-5, sometimes later). My call to contact ratio doesn't seem too different from any other telemarketing I've done. It just all comes down to numbers - the more you call ther more you see.

I will say that it seems that some seniors aren't familiar with the whole voice mail thing, so I get alot of non answered phone calls.

I do all of my calls during day (9-5, sometimes later). My call to contact ratio doesn't seem too different from any other telemarketing I've done. It just all comes down to numbers - the more you call ther more you see.

I will say that it seems that some seniors aren't familiar with the whole voice mail thing, so I get alot of non answered phone calls.

I do my calling mostly between 9 & 5 also. However, I have also had great success calling between 5:30 and 8:30.

When the weather is nasty I hit the phone really hard early and stay with it all day. Those are the days I have my greatest success, usually.

When I started doing that I figured that I would catch a lot of flack from them calling at that time. What I found was that my calling ratio of calls to appointments went up dramatically when I called during those hours.

It seemed to me that they were a lot more receptive to talking during that time. Maybe they were worn out from shopping all day at Wal-Mart and just didn't have much "fight" left in them. LOL

I never leave voice mail, they never return the call.

I do my calling mostly between 9 & 5 also. However, I have also had great success calling between 5:30 and 8:30.

When the weather is nasty I hit the phone really hard early and stay with it all day. Those are the days I have my greatest success, usually.

When I started doing that I figured that I would catch a lot of flack from them calling at that time. What I found was that my calling ratio of calls to appointments went up dramatically when I called during those hours.

It seemed to me that they were a lot more receptive to talking during that time. Maybe they were worn out from shopping all day at Wal-Mart and just didn't have much "fight" left in them. LOL

I never leave voice mail, they never return the call.

Right, well I know that everything can't be done during the day but as I lean toward doing some medd supp business it is appealing to think that at least a lot of the calls can be made during the day. In the life insurance business you either have a work number for them or you are waiting for them to get home from work. By mid-day you have made contact with those that are reachable during the day and then you are waiting for the afterwork hours. Obviously, it is a good time to do business to business or other direct contact which I do but I would like to be able to do some hard core phone calling in the afternoon as well. Sounds like that might be workable with med supp. My thoughts anyway.

Winter

Makes sense Frank, however, I always leave a message. Not because they ALWAYS call back; in fact you're nearly right; thay almost never do. But if I leave a message everytime, that's one more time that they've heard my name which in my opinion increases the likelihood they'll remember me when I call the next time.

Also it increases my chance that SOMEONE WILL call back. And that of course, is genuine interest!

I love it when prospects call ME! Lol!

Makes sense Frank, however, I always leave a message. Not because they ALWAYS call back; in fact you're nearly right; thay almost never do. But if I leave a message everytime, that's one more time that they've heard my name which in my opinion increases the likelihood they'll remember me when I call the next time.

Also it increases my chance that SOMEONE WILL call back. And that of course, is genuine interest!

I love it when prospects call ME! Lol!

Doesnt leaving a message incease the chances that with caller ID they will know who you are and why you are calling and ignore you the next time you call.

Winter

If I spend the time and get an answering machine, I always spend the 15 seconds it takes to leave a message. I figure I made the effort, at least leave a message. If they have a caller ID and there is no message, usually they know it was a sales call on one of those automatic dialers. Just a curtousy in my opinion...but I don't know everything and keep on tweaking until the results keep going up.

Back