Med Supp Question Missouri

margostl

Super Genius
Hello All,
I have a couple of questions regarding Med.supp carriers in Missouri.
I was running a quote for husband and wife.Both very fit, 67yrs old. Wife retired
1yr ,spouse self-employed still working.
Manhattan Life came through with plan N as the best rate.They currently have Coventry M.A., not Happy was under the impression they had to wait until open Enrollment. I think in MO. they can switch but will have to go thru underwriting
which is fine.

1.Any one have experience with Manhattan Life Med Supp.
2.Does your FMO only show in the CSG, carriers they contract with
3.In your experience which is the best plan in MO?

Quick intro repost,
Past Life/Health agent, Paramedical Nurse Examiner
Present,Getting back into the field with Life, Medicare, and Annuities

Thanks in Advance.

How will they be able to leave the MA plan prior to AEP?

Getting into a supp via underwriting is not the issue.

Rick

They can't unless it is their 1st time in this type of plan. There is a training site that will teach you these types of things so you won't have to ask such stupid questions in the future...

This is their first time with the plan.

Nasty response is not warranted nor necessary,if you must don't bother to
answer SR CITIZEN GRUMPY.:skeptical:

I'm not licensed in MO but I can answer part of this question.

"Missouri has an Anniversary Guaranteed Issue Period; anyone with a Medigap plan has a 60-day window around their plan anniversary each year during which they can switch to the same plan from any other carrier, guaranteed issue."

So unless they are in their first year on an MAPD and utilize the "Trial Right," they will have to wait until AEP or MADP next January to apply for a Supp with underwriting.

Attachments

• StatesThatCanChangeMedigapPlans (1).docx
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
This is their first time with the plan.

Even if Coventry is the first plan that she picked when leaving employer coverage, she is 67, so the typical "trial right" (SEP65) wouldn't work unless she had a Med Supp last year ('16) and dropped it to pick up Coventry for 2017 - but it doesn't sound like that is her situation. Other than LIS or some other random SEP, I think they just have to wait.

What part of Missouri or zip? Manhattan doesn't have a ton of rate stability "proof" or a large market share in mo.

I'd lean towards AARP N, anthem BCBS N or Aetna/Transamerica G.

----------

Anthem now has Silver sneakers included in their med sup at no cost. I live and sell in MO do feel free to reach out if necessary

Just a thought here, but thought they could call Medicare, say they want to drop their MAPD and go to original Medicare, and then enroll in a MedSupp?

Back