Med Supp quoting tool

But I didn't ask those questions, did I? :)

I was speaking to Todd in response to his comment and letting him know how I would be approaching an IMO were I to engage in selling MediGap plans. Your post is just a bunch of irrelevant hot air.

I've said what I have to say about the KS INS commissioners website. Not saying any more.

I do want to make the following comment though. If I were to start selling insurance door to door next Monday, I would not live long enough to see as many front doors as goillini has already seen. (If he wanted to quit selling insurance, he could probably go to work for Pella, or somebody, designing front doors.)

Goillini was quite emphatic a year or so ago about an agent needing to have access to CSG to be an effective agent. I heard that, and were I to start selling MediGap, one of my first five questions to you or MidwestBroker or whoever, would be if you provided access to CSG, under what terms and what carriers were included. In regard to KS carriers, I would also be saying/asking something like, I plan to sell MediGap F and G plans (not vacuum cleaner bags) and I'm considering carriers like Aetna, Cigna, Medico and Blue Cross to start with (KS only). Are those wise choices and why or why not?

An agent can certainly get away with not having CSG if they only have one state. Heck, many of us did it for years without a quote engine. We used a calculator instead. In all honestly you can figure out rates from a rate sheet quicker than you can pull up the CSG website. But that is only if you already know which couple of companies you're going to compare.

If you were to consider those carriers and they aren't price competitive, you're probably going to fail out. Price is big when it comes to Med Supps since everybody's benefits (plans) are the same.

Your post gave me a great laugh this morning. Nothing like rollin with the flow.
Yeah when I first posted I came back EVERY time there was a reply--didn't realize few of them would have nothing to do with the thread! So I find I get a few REALLY good replies right away and the rest is all about well--"other" stuff

An agent can certainly get away with not having CSG if they only have one state.

They could.

I only have one state and over 50 carriers. Seems a new one enters every couple of weeks.

I consider my $20/month worth every penny.

An agent can certainly get away with not having CSG if they only have one state. Heck, many of us did it for years without a quote engine. We used a calculator instead. In all honestly you can figure out rates from a rate sheet quicker than you can pull up the CSG website. But that is only if you already know which couple of companies you're going to compare.

If you were to consider those carriers and they aren't price competitive, you're probably going to fail out. Price is big when it comes to Med Supps since everybody's benefits (plans) are the same.

It's more about convenience for me. And as Bob mentioned, there are new carriers entering the market regularly so it's nice to be able to see those in one place without having to contact FMO's for more info.

Back