Med Supp Refund or no?

I have had this situation before some times it does take a while to get the money back. One carrier after a client switched to a MAPD, client didn't cancel till March was finally refunded in October.

Yes I had one like that But I am starting to think they are quicker to refund when it is MA then other situations

Maybe because of MA rules

The Client I spoke with yesterday If I cant get the refund he won't be too upset but just trying to see if I can help, Ill talk to upline on this too, My contact is on vaca right now will be back next week

If I have read this correctly, the insurance company has said he is not entitled to any reimbursement due to the fact that it is his fault he never cancelled.

Also, I'm reading that his Part B got cancelled as of January 1st.

If these things are true, then they have to reimburse him from January 1st as it is illegal for him to have a med supp without Part B. Just let the company know you will be escalating it if they don't comply with at least that amount.

If I have read this correctly, the insurance company has said he is not entitled to any reimbursement due to the fact that it is his fault he never cancelled.

Also, I'm reading that his Part B got cancelled as of January 1st.

If these things are true, then they have to reimburse him from January 1st as it is illegal for him to have a med supp without Part B. Just let the company know you will be escalating it if they don't comply with at least that amount.

I'll bring this up again as they told me earlier that it is only required he has part A and B is not necessary

Although we were asking for full refund back to July 1st as he had group and the part B I just brought up towards the end and said well he cant have a supp if he doesn't have part B then they said he has only required Part A and B is not necessary

This is going to be work in progress, Client is not really pushing it, Ill speak to upline next week too

I'll bring this up again as they told me earlier that it is only required he has part A and B is not necessary

Although we were asking for full refund back to July 1st as he had group and the part B I just brought up towards the end and said well he cant have a supp if he doesn't have part B then they said he has only required Part A and B is not necessary

This is going to be work in progress, Client is not really pushing it, Ill speak to upline next week too

You and I both know this is not true. Speak to a supervisor before you (the client) contact the DOI. Once you find someone there that actually knows what they are talking about then you'll be fine.

I have helped clients get med sup refunds both after losing Part B and in cases where they signed up for an Advantage plan and never canceled the supplement. I assume, however, that this may be at the carriers discretion. It would be good to know which carriers are uncooperative about this.

I have helped clients get med sup refunds both after losing Part B and in cases where they signed up for an Advantage plan and never canceled the supplement. I assume, however, that this may be at the carriers discretion. It would be good to know which carriers are uncooperative about this.

I do enough buis with this carrier I don't want to get termed for some obscure unrelated issue that came out of nowhere

Good point. I don't post negative things about any carrier who puts money in my account every month.

I've always said that I'm all about the client and the agent. Those are my bread and butter. If a company is doing something that isn't on the up and up (and this really isn't), then they should be able to take a little heat. If they get all bent out of shape then that's one company that I don't want my agents or clients doing business with. Too many companies to be kissing ass when a company is in the wrong.

I've always said that I'm all about the client and the agent. Those are my bread and butter. If a company is doing something that isn't on the up and up (and this really isn't), then they should be able to take a little heat. If they get all bent out of shape then that's one company that I don't want my agents or clients doing business with. Too many companies to be kissing ass when a company is in the wrong.

While I agree with you, I think its a bit premature, I still have steps to follow to get the answer, I may have just spoken to low-level person with the wrong answer

No reason to get into it in the beginning stages if it doesn't get resolved then thats dif

While I agree with you, I think its a bit premature, I still have steps to follow to get the answer, I may have just spoken to low-level person with the wrong answer

No reason to get into it in the beginning stages if it doesn't get resolved then thats dif

Agreed.

Back