Med supp - which plans highest selling?

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
For you folks selling med supp, which plans are the highest selling.

If I were to guess, I would think that 85% or so would be in F and then it gets hazy or spread out from there. What is the real story based on your experience?

Thanks,

Winter

I would say a majority of seniors have plan F. Thats not what I sell unless the people will absolutely not go to a plan where they have to pay the part B deductible. I normally sell plans D,H,or I. The only time I sell the I plan is if their doctor doesn't accept medicare assignment. Those docs are out there, I just ran into one last week.

Based on my experience, the vast majority have Plan F. I love it when agents sell Plan F!

Frank, you may want to clarify that statement. You could come here and have a tough time selling Plan D with the carriers that offer it. Fortunately for some of us, Plan F has been the cheapest plan available here in our state. Even less expensive than Plan D. While Plan G is less expensive than Plan F here, it's only about $60 per year cheaper. So it still makes sense to go with Plan F. When a carrier comes to town with a cheaper Plan D or G, I'll sell it. Until then, it would be foolish to do otherwise.

Frank, you may want to clarify that statement. You could come here and have a tough time selling Plan D with the carriers that offer it. Fortunately for some of us, Plan F has been the cheapest plan available here in our state. Even less expensive than Plan D. While Plan G is less expensive than Plan F here, it's only about $60 per year cheaper. So it still makes sense to go with Plan F. When a carrier comes to town with a cheaper Plan D or G, I'll sell it. Until then, it would be foolish to do otherwise.

I think we've had this conversation before, haven't we?

Your area seems to be in the minority. You are the only one I have ever talked to where Plan F is the best investment of a client's premium dollar.

You're right, I would have one hell of a time selling Plan D unless Plan F takes huge increases like it does here in Missouri.

It might just also put me out of the Med Supp business. LOL The bulk of my sales are switching people from Plan F to a Plan D. I'm sure glad I don't live where you do!

Just think of how much more insurance you could sell if Plan F was a lot higher than Plan D like it is here. You too would be encouraging agents to sell Plan F.

I think we've had this conversation before, haven't we?

Your area seems to be in the minority. You are the only one I have ever talked to where Plan F is the best investment of a client's premium dollar.

You're right, I would have one hell of a time selling Plan D unless Plan F takes huge increases like it does here in Missouri.

It might just also put me out of the Med Supp business. LOL The bulk of my sales are switching people from Plan F to a Plan D. I'm sure glad I don't live where you do!

Just think of how much more insurance you could sell if Plan F was a lot higher than Plan D like it is here. You too would be encouraging agents to sell Plan F.

Oh, I agree. Rumor has it that we have a carrier coming to Georgia that is selling a Plan J cheaper than Plan F.

I have no problem with the logic of selling Plan D, G or H over Plan F when the numbers add up. But for the last few years, they just haven't here in Georgia.

Latest posts

Back