Med Supps in Colorado

insurgal81

Expert
I am considering moving from West Michigan to the Colorado (Denver) area. I was wondering if anyone knows how the med supp market is in the Denver area compared to West Michigan. I am a independent broker.

I think you will find that you will have a greater selection of companies and your commissions will be level, first year commission, for the first six years.

Michigan pays high commissions for the first three years but commissions drop off dramatically beginning the fourth year. The money to be made selling Med Supps is in the longevity of the renewals.

According to CMS, Nearly half of those who qualify have a Med Advantage plan.

If you want to go rural, you can plan on driving an hour each way. Head out on the plains or into the mountains. Neither is a great drive in winter.

I used to recruit in CO all the time when I worked for Genworth - American Continental. In fact, it was my best state in terms of sales. Did very well finding good agents out there. Although they screwed me over, I understand American Continental still has great rates out there and the street level, not a broker's, commission is 21% for 6 years. All that to say: lots of people are still buying Medicare Supplements in CO.

If you are interested in really good Med Supp contracts and working with an agent who knows the Med Supp market, how to sell them, will provide you with quality support who has been doing it for seventeen years give me a call.

Who would that guy be, Frank?:err:

That would be him. He is also the guy who stopped paying money for direct mail "leads" years ago. They were a waste of money then just like they are today. They are pretty much for those who have more "dollars" than "cents". :D

I know many agents who have gone broke believing that the "lead" is from someone who is really interested in making a purchase. There are much better, cost effective ways of getting new clients.

Thanks for the response everyone. Ive been doing med supps for 6yrs so I know the biz fairly well. Does anyone know of FMO's in the Denver area? Most likely I will stay independent and work out of home if I move to Denver. Although, I would not be opposed to working at a agency if I had a office to use. I am also looking into getting into P&C. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks for the response everyone. Ive been doing med supps for 6yrs so I know the biz fairly well. Does anyone know of FMO's in the Denver area? Most likely I will stay independent and work out of home if I move to Denver. Although, I would not be opposed to working at a agency if I had a office to use. I am also looking into getting into P&C. Any suggestions out there?

I'm not in the Denver area but I am an FMO for Med Supps. Is there a specific reason why you are looking for one in Denver?

Back