MedAdvantage Direct Contracting

AgentOrange

Super Genius
1000 Post Club
Quick Question ... I'm already appointted to United HC, Aetna, etc med advantage through a agency I have writing #s and everything. How long would it take me to get direct appointment with the companies if i got out of my captive contract ?

depending on when you signed up with them -- some companies you have to stay a year.

but you can get a release if the fmo you are with will release you

Thanks Mary, but getting released from my contract is another issue onto itself. My concern is the time it takes to get direct contracting. I know I need certification and writing numbers, which I already have, but beyond that what other hoops will I need to jump through to get UHC to pay me directly ? has anyone else made this transition that can offer me advice and direction from experience ???

AgentOrange said:
Thanks Mary, but getting released from my contract is another issue onto itself. My concern is the time it takes to get direct contracting. I know I need certification and writing numbers, which I already have, but beyond that what other hoops will I need to jump through to get UHC to pay me directly ? has anyone else made this transition that can offer me advice and direction from experience ???

Hey there,

To my knowledge, I can tell you for a fact that UHC does not offer direct contracting through them which means you must unfortunately go through an FMO. Most insurance companies work this way. So you'd have to go the release route but still go through an FMO, unless, you were such an exclusive, unique, 'super star' top producer - have several vaild reasons why your fmo is not good to you, and continue high production - which often mandates you have other agents under you. Now, in terms of length, you can abstain from writing busines with that company and by default, after so many months, (typically 6 - 12 and this varies per carrier) just as Mary alluded to, you can be released that route, unless of course, you FMO indefinitely trapped you, which creates a whole other ugly issue. Good luck.

Back