Medal Gap Plans........................

Medal Gap? Stainless? Steel? Aluminum? Couldn't the gap be filled with welding?

Sure you don't mean 'Medigap" ?

METAL GAP

Its a typo. Cut me some slack...my phone is ringing off the hook with Part B virgins, its summer and the kids are driving me nuts. And I am trying to figure out what I am going to sell to U65s in November, so I can make some money.

METAL GAP. As in a plan that will cover the deductible and copays. Metals such as Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. (Whether or not the ACA plans are tin or aluminum is another conversation)

SureBridge has one, where you pay them $50ish a month and it actually makes sense with a $6K Indy plan. And its based on claims, not diagnosis. And the Yelp reviews are horrific.

Anybody using IHC? I don't like it as much, because it requires a specific diagnosis.

Are there any others out there?

METAL GAP

Its a typo. Cut me some slack...my phone is ringing off the hook with Part B virgins, its summer and the kids are driving me nuts. And I am trying to figure out what I am going to sell to U65s in November, so I can make some money.

METAL GAP. As in a plan that will cover the deductible and copays. Metals such as Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. (Whether or not the ACA plans are tin or aluminum is another conversation)

SureBridge has one, where you pay them $50ish a month and it actually makes sense with a $6K Indy plan. And its based on claims, not diagnosis. And the Yelp reviews are horrific.

Anybody using IHC? I don't like it as much, because it requires a specific diagnosis.

Are there any others out there?

Just giving you a little bit of a hard time :).. Are you wanting something for the people with Major Medical plans or those who have Medicare. For those under 65 with Major Medical type coverage, Central United Life has a couple of plans that would help fill the gap.

----------

You can see if any of these would fit your needs. Main

----------

Just dawned ln me what you meant by "metal" gap... Since I don't do anything with the ACA I am a little slow on the uptake. :yes:

Just giving you a little bit of a hard time :).. Are you wanting something for the people with Major Medical plans or those who have Medicare. For those under 65 with Major Medical type coverage, Central United Life has a couple of plans that would help fill the gap.

----------

You can see if any of these would fit your needs. Main

----------

Just dawned ln me what you meant by "metal" gap... Since I don't do anything with the ACA I am a little slow on the uptake. :yes:

I'm really, really upset. ;)

Thank you!!! Other options like the one above are exactly what I'm looking for

I'm really, really upset. ;)

Thank you!!! Other options like the one above are exactly what I'm looking for

If you aren't with them give me a shout out and I will put you in touch with the IMO I have.. From what I have seen others offering on CUL products he is usually offers the highest. I don't recruit but I refer agents to him because he is a nice guy. (0ld Fella like me) They don't bother you but if you need them they are Johnny on the Spot.

----------

Here is a promo CUL sent to agents today.

Sales Idea of the Week - Sell the Sizzle!

Throwing this out there..

Anyone have a Metal Gap Plan they are selling and happy with?

KGMom, United American has one that is comprehensive, like a true GAP filler should be, but the cost is rather high.

It covers 100% of Inpatient charges and 50% of Outpatient charges.

Here's a link to the brochure: http://www.unitedamerican.com/Compl...ls/Advertising Brochures/Foundation/F6465.pdf

This United American "Foundation" plan used to be reasonably priced, but the last time I looked (in 2014), the premium was $210 per month, per family member, for a $5,000 Inpatient/$2,500 Outpatient annual benefit. The husband/wife smiled and quickly said, "No thanks Allen. That's insane!" I haven't quoted the U.A. Foundation GAP filler since then.

Like ObamaScrew has done to everything else, the premium is probably much higher now, and the benefits much less attractive.

However, all of the other so-called Metal Gap plans I've reviewed since 2013, when Metal Plans replaced traditional major medical, have severe shortcomings.

In short, none of them are comprehensive "Gap Filler" supplements like we have for Medicare insurance.

Most times, expensive tests are ordered when a person is injured or sick. These up-front tests by themselves can cost as much as the Metal plan deductible. With the exception of U.A., I haven't found any other Major Medical GAP plan that covers outpatient tests.

Maybe another agent will chime in to this thread with info on one like the U.A. Foundation, but without the sky-high premium.
ac

Back