MedAmerica

I received this email from Bill Jones, President of MedAmerica Insurance Company.

It started out like many letters from carriers and I kept reading and looking for those magic words: "Rate Increase", but it wasn't there.

Thought you'd find this of interest. In my personal opinion, Simplicity is the best product, by far, on the market.

Dear Valued Producer,

In today’s business environment, change continues to be the standard, not the exception. It becomes more evident every day that we live in an uncertain world. With all of the recent developments in the LTCi market, it’s easy to start doubting what it is we do for a living. But at MedAmerica, we firmly believe that what we do and what we offer is of utmost importance. We remain committed to you, to our policyholders, and to the LTCi industry as a whole. We continue to dedicate ourselves to our mission of assuring security and peace of mind through simple, innovative chronic care financing solutions.

Despite what seems to be constant turmoil in the market, MedAmerica has remained steadfast. Coming off of a year featuring 14% sales growth, a 20% increase in staff, and the launch of two new products, MedAmerica continues this positive trend in 2012. Our sales for this year are on plan, and we continue to staff up in anticipation of even more growth going forward so that we can meet your needs and exceed your expectations.

With our unique portfolio of long and short term care insurance products, we can provide you with a chronic care financing solution to meet nearly any client’s needs and budget. We are strategically positioned to be a key player in this industry for the long haul and look ahead to a future where we continue to partner with you, our valued producers, to grow together.

I encourage you to remember what a critical role you play in helping your clients manage their chronic care risk. Clients need your expertise, recommendations and service to assist them in planning for potential chronic care needs. As long as you remain resolute and dedicated to this mission, our industry will remain strong.

In closing, know that you can count on MedAmerica to service you and your clients. We have the capacity and desire to continue growing and look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Image:
Letter-from-Bill-Jones_signature.gif
President & Chief Operating Officer

Last edited:
:1frown:
I received this email from Bill Jones, President of MedAmerica Insurance Company.

It started out like many loetters from carriers and I kept reading and looking for those magic words: "Rate Increase", but it wasn't there.

Thought you'd find this of interest. In my personal opinion, Simplicity is the best product, by far, on the market.

Dear Valued Producer,

In today’s business environment, change continues to be the standard, not the exception. It becomes more evident every day that we live in an uncertain world. With all of the recent developments in the LTCi market, it’s easy to start doubting what it is we do for a living. But at MedAmerica, we firmly believe that what we do and what we offer is of utmost importance. We remain committed to you, to our policyholders, and to the LTCi industry as a whole. We continue to dedicate ourselves to our mission of assuring security and peace of mind through simple, innovative chronic care financing solutions.

Despite what seems to be constant turmoil in the market, MedAmerica has remained steadfast. Coming off of a year featuring 14% sales growth, a 20% increase in staff, and the launch of two new products, MedAmerica continues this positive trend in 2012. Our sales for this year are on plan, and we continue to staff up in anticipation of even more growth going forward so that we can meet your needs and exceed your expectations.

With our unique portfolio of long and short term care insurance products, we can provide you with a chronic care financing solution to meet nearly any client’s needs and budget. We are strategically positioned to be a key player in this industry for the long haul and look ahead to a future where we continue to partner with you, our valued producers, to grow together.

I encourage you to remember what a critical role you play in helping your clients manage their chronic care risk. Clients need your expertise, recommendations and service to assist them in planning for potential chronic care needs. As long as you remain resolute and dedicated to this mission, our industry will remain strong.

In closing, know that you can count on MedAmerica to service you and your clients. We have the capacity and desire to continue growing and look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Letter-from-Bill-Jones_signature.gif
President & Chief Operating Officer

This is a very refreshing notice. In htis day and age I wish I could see more of this from my other insurers for auto and homeowners, or anyone who I buy stuff for that matter.

Pretty soon MedAmerica might be the best option out there.
It's a decent ltci product (cash benefit).
They rule in the group market.

I was preparing to contact various associations in CA to see if I can set up a discount plan for LTC. With all that has happened lately - especially here in the once golden state - I'm putting all this on the back burner.

Rick

I got that from MedAmerica too. I also thought it was refreshing, and agree it's probably the best thing on the market. They seem to be the only company left that actually wants agents to sell their product, AND DO BUSINESS ACCORINGLY. In the past, of course, it was a little pricey, but with all the changes and repricing lately, not so much anymore. The only drawback to them are the ratings, but that might not be as big of a drawback as before the way things keep changing. Opinions from others on this would be appreciated.

Bill

Opinions from others on this would be appreciated.

Bill

Well, I suggest we all start targeting HNW clientele; prepare a list of 300 centers of influence to provide to a General Agent that just leased a 2013 Maserati Quattroporte; hopefully, The GA likes who we know(even though we made up 200 names), and we get admitted to the Mutually exclusive club that we toast with a class of kook-aid. Then we sell to a captive HNW audience that doesn't care what the premium is.

I am writing my list down right now. I am up to 13 names, and I am stuck.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, I typed Kool Aid but I guess my iPhone knows better

Last edited:
I was preparing to contact various associations in CA to see if I can set up a discount plan for LTC. With all that has happened lately - especially here in the once golden state - I'm putting all this on the back burner.

Rick

MedAmerica has an excellent group/association discount.
Like I said, they are king of groups imo.

If you have the contacts I would do it now vs. later.
The key is that all of the changes going on are mostly on new policies. Yes, there are the premium increases. But MA doesnt have a bad history of that as far as I know.

If you wait a year or two you might be pitching an inferior and higher priced product vs. doing it now. jmo
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry...I don't get it. I'm a little slow,,,,,:err:

He is sarcastically saying we should all go captive with NWM/NYL/MM

Personally, Ive been there and done that. And can sell MM when I want and sometimes even NYL for large cases.

Last edited:
I was just musing on the point that proper benefits today is going to be pricey any way you look at it; you might as well work in a culture where price and benefits, and the contractual language ( cash? Why would someone want cash?!) just doesn't matter; only AM Best ratings do.

And I am not really trying to be sarcastic :)

Last edited:
Back