Medicaid and Medigap Suspension...

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Help me out here guys. My mind usually traps information on things like this and never lets go.

I swear I read somewhere that if a person has medigap, enters medicaid, then they have ability to suspend their medigap plan for two years. That way if they lost medicaid they could reinstate the supplement at the current price/age structure.

I've read Medicare and You, the Medicare Supplement shopping guide from CMS, and the same guide published by the state of Missouri... cover to cover... not a word on this ability.

Help me out here guys. My mind usually traps information on things like this and never lets go.

I swear I read somewhere that if a person has medigap, enters medicaid, then they have ability to suspend their medigap plan for two years. That way if they lost medicaid they could reinstate the supplement at the current price/age structure.

I've read Medicare and You, the Medicare Supplement shopping guide from CMS, and the same guide published by the state of Missouri... cover to cover... not a word on this ability.

This might help:

https://www.cms.gov/Medigap/Downloads/mdgp0103.pdf

Found something like that, but ten year old documents aren't very comforting.

Just talked to underwriting for her company... the 24 mo. suspension rule still is active.

Thanks.

Back