Medicaid Expansion and Dual Eligibles

Bluz

Does anyone know anything about the Affordable Care Act medicaid expansion and how or even if it will affect seniors? Are there going to be a lot more Dual Eligible beneficiaries? In my state, it has been approved is going to 138% of federal poverty level.

Think it depends on the state. In our state...FL...no expansion. IF a person does not make at least 11,490 per year. ...no subsidy. And I think IN my state IF They make over 9,500...no Medicaid EITHER. NO KIDS. ...NO MEDICAID. People who qualify for Medicare or Medicaid do not also qualify for ACA because they already have a qhp /qualified health plan. I don't know if I answered your question :-(

Does anyone know anything about the Affordable Care Act medicaid expansion and how or even if it will affect seniors? Are there going to be a lot more Dual Eligible beneficiaries? In my state, it has been approved is going to 138% of federal poverty level.

I expect a big increase in sales starting January. Not only will more seniors qualify, but many people that currently have Medicare from a disability will now qualify in my state. We have 4 Dual SNP's in my county alone. I am contracted with 2 of them.

Wouldn't we just go by the financial eligibility standards? That's what I use. If you're under $1300/month, I can put you on a dual plan. This is based on Florida though.

I expect a big increase in sales starting January. Not only will more seniors qualify, but many people that currently have Medicare from a disability will now qualify in my state. We have 4 Dual SNP's in my county alone. I am contracted with 2 of them.

I agree there will be a big increase in sales. Also, may need to look at current clients to see who is eligible before someone else does.

----------

Wouldn't we just go by the financial eligibility standards? That's what I use. If you're under $1300/month, I can put you on a dual plan. This is based on Florida though.

Yes, but they need to be active Medicaid with a number. I've had them apply for Medicaid if they didn't have it, then I enroll them in a plan. Now, it looks like the state application gives them the opportunity to choose an MAPD from the four available. So, I'm wondering if agents are left out.

Yes, but they need to be active Medicaid with a number. I've had them apply for Medicaid if they didn't have it, then I enroll them in a plan. Now, it looks like the state application gives them the opportunity to choose an MAPD from the four available. So, I'm wondering if agents are left out.

Yes, I always check through the state for their number. But I'll help them apply for MSP if they don't have it already. :) Are you saying that the Medicaid application gives them the opportunity to select an MAPD?

Yes, I always check through the state for their number. But I'll help them apply for MSP if they don't have it already. :) Are you saying that the Medicaid application gives them the opportunity to select an MAPD?

Yes, it's a new application pdf available on the Human Services website. It's states that one will be chosen for them if they don't choose and they change to another after 90 days.

Back