Medicaid Friendly Annuity

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've only been able to find Great American. Does anyone know of any carriers that have a Medicaid friendly annuity? I've tried ANICO, Trans, F&G, Athene. None of them offer them.

Last edited:
Be very careful. It would be better to work with an Elder Law Attorney and he can advise the client what strategies to use. A Miller Trust is an option, as is buying Whole Life Insurance (just make sure the cash value stays below the Medicaid threshold for your state), Irrevocable funeral trust, if VA or widow of Veteran there is Aid and Attendance Pension available, and to salvage their home a Lady Bird Deed is quick and easy to do, as are Family Trusts etc. You can write the annuity along with life and funeral trust but if done incorrectly it opens you up to lawsuits. Work with an Elder Law Attorney, most attorneys are horrible at prospecting and will welcome new business. If you do a good job he will refer you other clients.

Be very careful. It would be better to work with an Elder Law Attorney and he can advise the client what strategies to use. A Miller Trust is an option, as is buying Whole Life Insurance (just make sure the cash value stays below the Medicaid threshold for your state), Irrevocable funeral trust, if VA or widow of Veteran there is Aid and Attendance Pension available, and to salvage their home a Lady Bird Deed is quick and easy to do, as are Family Trusts etc. You can write the annuity along with life and funeral trust but if done incorrectly it opens you up to lawsuits. Work with an Elder Law Attorney, most attorneys are horrible at prospecting and will welcome new business. If you do a good job he will refer you other clients.
I've got some reading to do. LOL. I actually met with an elder law attorney who asked me if I was familiar with Medicaid Annuities. I said no, but she took a liking to me and even offered me office space in her building. You seem very knowledgable. So basically, in addition to a Medicaid annuity, I could write a funeral trust (which I'll google and do my due diligence).

Last edited:
NGL- National Guardian Life Funeral Trust. Each state is different so read up and you will be able to offer to clients. Basically it is a Final Expense Policy put into an Irrevocable Trust. Show it to the attorney and she will be able to refer you more clients, because some have to spend down their $$.

NGL- National Guardian Life Funeral Trust. Each state is different so read up and you will be able to offer to clients. Basically it is a Final Expense Policy put into an Irrevocable Trust. Show it to the attorney and she will be able to refer you more clients, because some have to spend down their $$.

Thank you for the insight. Much appreciated.

I contacted Krause Financial directly and they only have two options in my state (NJ) ... Croatian and Nationwide for Medicaid Annuities ... Croatian only pays .25, but Nationwide pays 1.25 on annuities with terms of 5-9 years and 2.5 on terms 10+ ... Just wondering if this is a good comp level or should I look elsewhere?

Latest posts

Back