You know, I'm curious. I was looking at quoting some medical professional in my area a while back, but word was that they pretty much all had some special group plan with pricing that I couldn't even touch. That's what I heard, and I frankly don't know because I ended up going a different direction anyhow. Is that how it is in your area, or do you not know and you are looking to find out?

It is indeed a specialty market. The few agents I know that work that market have a tight connection with a medical association. They also are well known in the medical community.

Having worked with medical groups before I can tell you the idea of cold calling or working "leads" and expecting to get in to see a doc are a waste of time. Detail reps spend more time in waiting rooms, only to see the office manager, than doing anything remotely productive.

Very few carriers write med mal.

Look for a different market.

Medical malpractice kills more people than gunshots. Have you known about that? I thought that I would not need insurance for this until my wife had passed through a horrible case when giving birth. Due to the doctor's negligence, and lack of knowledge my son had suffered brain damage and was later diagnosed with cerebral palsy. I was supposed after that to look for the best law firm for medical malpractice law in order to obtain a settlement. Who will be responsible for this error? CMG LAW provided full investigation and obtained the fund for my child's care over his lifetime.

Last edited:
Back