Medicare 2012 Plan Info Now Online

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
You can check out the 2012 plans online now at www.medicare.gov

They don't seem to have the kinks worked out yet. When I entered in one genreic prescription it came back with the plans that would save the most money, and it was all out of wack, it didn't list them correctly.

You can check out the 2012 plans online now at www.medicare.gov

They don't seem to have the kinks worked out yet. When I entered in one genreic prescription it came back with the plans that would save the most money, and it was all out of wack, it didn't list them correctly.

Great. We do a GOOD job and still get our licenses and livelihood threatened for any supposed infraction. Hopefully they will fix it before Monday. Thanks for the heads up!

They have a nice new feature....under the graph that shows the 12 months expenditures, there is a link that shows you month 1 - 12 what your client can expect to pay for their prescriptions....they didn't have that before. If you are showing a plan with a deductible, this should give them a clearer picture on their expenses.

Also, if you guys aren't certified with Coventry/First Health you'll probably want to get certified right away. They have a plan that runs $24.20 a month, in Mi anyways, it has a $0 deductible and $ 0 copays on most generics at preferred pharmacies, such as wal mart, wallgreens, sams club. In the past, I'd have clients on 5 or 6 generics and Wellcare that runs 58 a month would be the most competative because of the 0 copays on generics, I think the first health part d value plan is going to be a very good option for 2012.

Also, if you guys aren't certified with Coventry/First Health you'll probably want to get certified right away. They have a plan that runs $24.20 a month, in Mi anyways, it has a $0 deductible and $ 0 copays on most generics at preferred pharmacies, such as wal mart, wallgreens, sams club. In the past, I'd have clients on 5 or 6 generics and Wellcare that runs 58 a month would be the most competative because of the 0 copays on generics, I think the first health part d value plan is going to be a very good option for 2012.

I think there's a plan that they are only paying a referral fee on. This might be that plan.

Do you have to be contracted to receive the referral fee?
I'll need to verify which contract you need. Not sure if it's covered in their 2012 agent contract or if you need the referral contract for this (they have 2 contracts). One way or the other, you'd need to have some sort of contract to get the fee.

I'd be interested in folk's opinions on the Aetna-CVS plan (available in most, but not all states in 2012). I thought it looked pretty strong.

Back